Lunardi's current seeding

I think we will be the Last 4 in or first 4 out throughout the year.

At least we should get some post season basketball this year.

Well, he has Michigan higher than “last 4 in” right now,.

Texas at 33? I thought they were bound for the NIT?

While reading Lunardi’s summary is frustrating based on expectations coming into the year, it is more or less validated by what we have seen. Any one of the three losses turning to a win probably boosts us 2-3 seeds. What is painful is that when things are clicking (even w/o decent rebounding), we look really good, and when they aren’t we seem to have no answer or tactical response. That adaptability needs to improve, whether its through skill development to get better shots/better execution, or coaching to stop trying things that won’t work against big/bouncy teams. Hoping that if JB can move the needle in those areas, this is a 4 or 5 seed by the end of things which from a results standpoint means we can maintain consistency enough to beat the ILL/IOWA/MINN/WISC/OSU types. Also, Xavier is really really good, and the year playing out will fully value that in our RPI/otherwise. I think they would beat MSU on a neutral court if they played today.

On TX, beating UNC will pull them from out to a 9 seed I guess.

I have to say, Cal and LSU crack me up.

Grab the top 2 players, both projected as Top 5 picks in the NBA draft (Simmons #1 obviously)

LSU loses to Charleston and Houston with a few others too close for comfort.
Cal loses to Richmond, beats Wyoming in OT, sneaks past St. Mary’s, and not a convincing win over a weak East Carolina.

Cal is going to have a rough go in the Pac12 and LSU is going to need a big SEC showing to make a postseason tourney.

3 Likes

Since I watched LSU play a few time early this year I’ve been saying its a travesty that Simmons is playing for Johnny Jones and not some better coach. Sad that we’ll never get to see him play on a good college team.

2 Likes

Hopefully these cautionary tales do more than push those same players into the arms of K and Calipari, and our sound coaching and development can reap us some benefit if the overall “denominator” of options shrinks

Without double checking, Texas plays 12 ranked teams in their next 22 games… They have their work cut out to make the tournament.

Man the SEC isn’t too tough but looking at their schedule…yikes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had 10-12 more losses with the way they’re finishing games.

LSU’s KenPom projection is 14-17.

1 Like

They are comfortably in right now and just knocked off the #3 team in the country. How is that “bound for the NIT”?

Can we talk about something other than Texas’ tournament resume? At some point we have to move on to new topics.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rankings the conferences

It’s December my friend.

Hey, maybe it will lead to another bet where the loser donates! I held off on my donation because mpbear14 will donate for me with our other bet.

mpbear14, want to double the bet? I bet Texas makes the NCAA Tournament. You said they are NIT bound. $20 more bucks donated to UMHoops for the loser?

Or we can diversify our portfolio and go $10 or 15 for each.

Dude, give it a rest.

2 Likes

Huh? I figured a bet would be a good way of dropping it until seasons end.

Michigan still at 42…

Hail is the master at beating a dead horse.

Says the guy who just bumped a thread I haven’t posted in in 9 days lol.