Let's sit back and wait

Which PF/C combos in the Big Ten would you trade D.J. and Mo for? I believe that’s more what he was asking.

I think his greater point is that D.J. and Mo have certainly “developed”, yet your post implies that we cannot (hence have not) developed those two players.

1 Like

How can anyone with two eyes say that D.J. and Mo haven’t developed from last year?

3 Likes

They both have come a very long way and IMO, have a ways to go. Next year, in the big ten, there won’t be a better trio of players than Matthews, Wilson, Wagner at their positions. If they improve throughout the year with an offseason, those three could be very good.

3 Likes

This year’s number is skewed by the 45 threes in the last game. We’ll be closer to the norm by the end of the season.

1 Like

Not the case, the comment was solely based on my opinion which has not changed that coach has struggled to land low post players that I feel would really help this offense by adding an interior threat. Low post feeds create better shots from distance and vice versa.

You literally said:

“And many wonder why we can not attract or develop low post talent?”

Again… how can anyone with two eyes think that D.J. and Mo haven’t developed?

2 Likes

Would you admit that D.J. and Mo have developed?

1 Like

I do not consider DJ a low post player in the least bit; Moe is borderline at best. How many feeds does he get down on the blocks?

Well do you agree that they have developed?

Yes they have both improved to which level we will not really know until we get to the meat of the schedule.

The very core of Beilein’s system has the 5 man roaming the perimeter setting picks and getting his interior baskets off of rolls or cuts. Like it’s shocking to me that you don’t understand how much having a five who can play inside AND shoot like Mo opens up the floor in this offense. Why do you want a low post back to the basket guy so badly when it takes an elite player to make post ups more efficient than the 38% we shoot from three?

2 Likes

Thanks for making my point, again this offense does not attract that style player.

That doesn’t mean Beilein can’t develop bigs.

Okay? If your point is that our offense doesn’t attract people that only have a post up game then alright I guess? I’m not sure what your point of posting that is… That’s like trying to diss Urban Meyer by saying a pocket passer wouldn’t be attracted to his offense.

2 Likes

Announcers said this about him routinely. And we had many, many sweet inbounds plays.

Wolvie is spot on! You recruit players to fit your system…which IMO is more NBA centric than post up play down low. You’ll see more players follwoing in the JB mold over the next ten years! It’s all about mobility and the three ball, high post play and bigs spreading the floor. Steph is changing the game and teams are scrambling to adjust. Even Lebron starts the ofense on the wing.

Side bar…
Notice the low turnover play of the Michigan kids in the NBA…they value the rock! Also love how the kids are turning into men and maturing nicely at the next level. THJ, NIK, GRIII, CL all coming into their own…sound fundamentals and notice the three ball form. Maybe late bloomers but their style and talent are shinning. Not one of them High school celebrities. Watch out for MOE…he could be gone this year.

1 Like

Hayes and Happ for sure.

Keep going…

Swanigan, Haas
Bryant, Anunoby
Tate and Thompson maybe

Wagner and Wilson are far from the best frontcourt in the conference right now but the most exciting thing for me is they are sophomores. Barring a Bamba miracle we should have the same starting frontcourt 2 years from now, and by then it most definitely could be the best in the B1G.