Kameron Chatman to transfer from Michigan

For reference. Updated scholarship chart:

Our depth is so thin next year that if Simpson and Watson need any time at all to develop, we could be in some trouble.

1 Like

has he visited/qualified for an offer w/o needing to do anything specifically in the next 24h?

DJ needs to embrace his upcoming opportunity. He’ll get minutes now, let’s see if he wants to compete or lie down.

1 Like

I can’t see it all, the bottom is cut off.

Weird. Looks like a Safari problem. I see what you mean.

Insane pressure on our starters next year both to perform and to stay healthy. Having no one besides true freshmen off the bench at the 1-3 is a dangerous proposition. Really hope X and Ibi come in and make some noise.

1 Like

A ‘big wing’ that can play the four as a graduate transfer seems like the perfect fit if Michigan can find it. Fixes the depth issues, pushes Irvin out of the four, could help defensively and on the glass.

3 Likes

Any Shonn Miller types on the transfer market this year? I really wanted him last time around, and now we really need a guy like that.

Austin Davis to play wing next year?

4 Likes

Now let’s find one lol.

Davis for three,oh my god oh my god oh my god

http://www.scout.com/college/illinois/forums/2616-hoops-fan-forum/14672598-valpo-s-alec-peters-to-transfer-eligible-immediately

I can’t find an article that makes this sound official, but Alec Peters is still my dream grad transfer. He wasn’t invited to the NBA combine. He might be the hottest grad transfer commodity, if he goes that route, but he would undoubtedly fit into our 4 role and excel.

1 Like

Pretty sure he’s everyone’s dream grad transfer. But that means everyone is going to want him and it also means that Vandy will have a pretty big advantage after hiring Bryce Drew.

Carter and Gill would be nice additions, but I have no idea if there would be interest. JB has his work cut out for him.

Maybe we could get involved with LG Gill out of Duqesne.

As for Kam, best of luck to him. As for UM, probably helps more in '17 than '16, but we’ll see.

1 Like

No doubt. But a guy can dream. It almost worked out with Jaylen Brown…

1 Like

No need to panic. Geez. Everyone wanted him gone ant the beginning of the season. People finally got their wishes. I just wish that they would’ve transferred earlier so we wouldn’t have passed on prospect because we already filled out their position .

I really thought Kam would be a nice piece for us this year. Bummer. Could use a little depth so we don’t have to rely on Watson.

Get a grip, son.