Kameron Chatman to transfer from Michigan

Sure, if Donnal doesn’t get his 5th year. I think Donnal getting his 5th year is more important than Chatman being here next year.

With Doyle gone and Teske/Davis raw, I don’t see Donnal not getting that 5th year which means there are only two open scholarship spots. Chatman leaving would make it 3. I’d rather have:

PG / Cain / Young / Donnal than PG / Cain / Young / Chatman and roll with our centers being Wager/Davis/Teske.

If he doesn’t hit a home run in 2017 I’m kinda nervous about the programs direction for once to be honest

1 Like

Good point this could lead to a donnall fifth year but I’m not sure that’s what we need. That leaves less minutes for teske and Davis unless we’re truly moving forward with traditional fours in Wagner and Wilson. That might be the plan. Belein sick of getting pushed around.

I don’t think we should be making decision bases on how we can get Teske and Davis more minutes.

You don’t see either contributing in their sophomore year?

I really thought Kam was ready to step up and be a nice piece to the puzzle.

I am not concerned about keeping Donnal at all. I am expecting (or atleast hoping) Teske and Davis are better just because Donnal is basically the minimum threshold for a passable big man in my mind. He can catch the ball and sometimes finish…And that’s about it in year 3.

1 Like

He can hit the three.

Well, technically, I am also capable of hitting a 3.

5 Likes

I’d prefer teske step up and provide shot blocking. Anyone else see Wagner and Wilson becoming fours? Especially in 2017. Was that his plan?

He was shooting a decent percentage no? I believe you have to account for his three ball

30% for the year on 1 attempt a game. It’s not anything that affected opponent’s game plans.

Still processing this… Can probably spin it either way, but a lot will depend on what we end up doing with those two spots. I liked Kam but am all for raising the bar – that said the only way to raise the bar is to replace him with something (better). Will give JB/staff some time prior to judgement, but hope we start hearing about some real grad transfer options quickly

Donnal was certainly more deserving of minutes than Chatman was. I don’t see how that is even arguable.

I hope Teske and Davis end up better than Donnal, too. However, Donnal did average 10.5ppg, 5.0rpg, 1.0bpg on .575 from the field in Big Ten play. Those are solid numbers and I’d be stoked if Davis or Teske could replicate them by year 2.

You don’t take Chatman over Donnal when Donnal is better simply because of a hope that Davis and Teske pan out.

1 Like

Donnall shot thirty percent from downtown? Really?seemed much higher.

Thought Kam would stick around, can’t lie it’s a little concerning considering we have no targets that we know of. Got to think JB has a plan if not. Might be in trouble.

First thing that cam to my mind is can any 17 recruits reclassify? Markell Johnson guard from Ohio just announced he was going to the 16 class. Another is Oshae Brissett a forward who was looking at the 16 class as well.

It’s simply a question of current depth. Our depth chart in 2017 is currently

PG - Simpson
SG - Rahk
SF - Robinson - Watson
PF - Wilson
C - Wagner - Donnal - Teske - Davis

Wilson right now is the only player we have that can play PF for Beilein in 2017 and he’s shown almost nothing positive so far. At least Kam has done something positive in his career so far. We don’t have anyone to play PF, so Kam was important for that spot.

There was some fairly high ranking big men still floating around. Somebody get them a sack of money! The calipari treatment for all! But seriously I hope he has had some plans. He’s to smart not to. Right…right…right guys?

2 Likes

Basically have four players on the entire roster who can play either the two or three – MAAR, Duncan, Zak, and Ibi. One starts at the 4 and another is a true freshman whose body isn’t ready and was not expected to play right away. Our depth is a serious, serious concern. Today has been a very negative day for Michigan Basketball.

I guess I’ve been forgetting about Ibi. Not that I expect him to come in and ball out but maybe he can give us some solid burn. I do recall belein saying he thought he could contribute right away once.