Jon Teske, Xavier Simpson, Ibi Watson at the Ohio-Kentucky all star game

Someone who gets it.

1 Like

Hey be alarmed. You might get mocked for making a typo. Smh.

1 Like

You canā€™t officially say that. The recruits have not stepped on campus and the new season have not even started. We have two top 30 seniors and a another top 30 wing in Chatman ( since rankings matter) no one knows the talent level yet.

1 Like

Mrtroy, this is a basketball forum. You are very passionate, I respect that. Again, this is a basketball forum. I want that to sink in. Once it does, youā€™ll regain some sanity.

There is enough information out there to make an educated guess of our talent level. This is a basketball forum with a lot of knowledgable posters. Predictions will be made, not all will be positive because again, this is a basketball forum.

I donā€™t sweat it, in typing these essays out on my phone,that can be challenging. I sometimes see them and donā€™t even care to change them anymore. I should probably stick to small paragraphs, but I can get excited over the teams future prospects. Love college ball, my favorite sport.

2 Likes

So we just need to wait every 5 years to get a star player. Awesome!

I like how expecting common internet etiquette automatically equates to me attempting to keep you from succeeding in life and that I donā€™t support the players. Nice logic there.

If you truly supported the players then youā€™d expect the best from them and want them to be better than mediocre, which is apparently the level that you enjoy.

1 Like

Anyone know when these guys can hit campus? Can they go through Camp Sanderson?

I believe Beilein said sometime in June he expects them all to be on campus.

1 Like

When did I say that?

We thought we had recruited stars in Walton, Irvin and Chatman. Unfortunately, it hasnā€™t turned out that way. These things happen. UNC, for example, had to wait several years for its current crop of juniors and seniors to do something of note in the tourney. Those guys were all top 25-40 recruits. And some of them are decidedly not stars - take Theo Pinston, for example. He was a highly rated guy, and looks very, very average to me, to the point where I think Irvin (even injured Irvin) is a clearly better player.

3 Likes

You know what kinda sucks, Iā€™ve read in here we took Walton over Jackson and Morris because he committed first. Now I love Derrick, heā€™s my favorite player besides maar but his inconsistency has killed us. his film in high school was great, I liked him slot but canā€™t but help to think we would have been better with the other two.

If you read it here itā€™s gospel.

Nothing like waiting 3 years for some hindsight.

2 Likes

We offered all three and took the first to commit. Walton was a very good prospect - no reason to believe at the time he wouldnā€™t be very good in college.

If youā€™re referring to Demetrius Jackson, he was always Notre Dameā€™s to lose. MSU barely had a long distant outside shot. No way we would have touched him.

I hope Walton just gets some consistency in his scoring. I really always enjoyed watching him. After his freshman year I really thought heā€™d end up being a great all time um player. Sucks heā€™s been hurt and so up and down. He looked like a beast in high school

1 Like

With Simpson here, Walton will not have to play so many minutes and wonā€™t get worn down. That should help.

4 Likes

You havenā€™t seen them play in person so how do you know that they are mediocre? Iā€™m not one to go around trashing recruits and current players who havenā€™t graduated. Look at Kaminskey from Wisconsin. LOOK at Ordoff from Iowa. Look at NBA players like Stephen Curry, Hillard and CJ Mccollum from Portland. Look at Paul George. These players played at a lower school and became prosā€¦ no one expected Tim Hardaway j.R ( who people weā€™re upset that we signed because they want Trey Zeigler) , Trey Burke , Darius Morris or Stakus to be first Rounders and lottery picks. Just saying that players can improve andniā€™m not giving up on anyone before they graduate.

1 Like