Harold Baruti '16 in on his way to an OV at UM

So, so meaningless. If you don’t want to answer his question you can simply ignore it.

1 Like

give me a break. it was done tongue in cheek.

3 Likes

ha,How’d u do that? I wanna break that out on all these guys I talk to on this bands message board I visit sometimes?

1 Like

I’m still holding hope here that we get him as a late signee. I think he’s mature enough athletically and body wise to get instant minutes and have success. He has things this team is lacking and has lacked. He’s a total Larry brown guy I can see it. We could use one or two of those types.,…

Assuming Utah won’t offer him without a TOEFL either… or is it possible they sweep him out from under us?

Does anyone think we’re the favorite pending the test scores.

The TOEFL thing feels kind of like a means to slow play… I think the staff should be and will be very careful before handing out a 2016 offer which would affect 2016/2017.

1 Like

Waiting to see what comes up? I kinda agree, but I think they shouldn’t wait.Personally I think baruti is worth the spot. Him and kostas are clearly high upside talents worth the spot. Also it seems to me Baruti could have instant results. I think worse case scenario hes a great d/ energy player who rebounds well for his size. I’m trying to think of a comparison but I can’t. Also I think he’s a guy who’s affect won’t totally show on stat sheet, more in the plus minus. Good things will just happen while he’s out there.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 2016 G - Tyrell Gumbs-Frater

1 Like

I like him and think (in time) he could be a solid player for us at a position we need.

2 Likes

Anyone remember if Wagner committed before taking TOEFL?

Grammar, reading, and composition are more than everyday English.

My daughter is in a Spanish bilingual program, and hispanic kids who speak Spanish at home everyday could struggle in Spanish tests too.

Mo got offered and committed before taking the TOEFL from what I remember. It shows that Michigan was way more committed to Mo than they are to Baruti.

Perhaps, but German kids have been taking English classes since grade school. They were probably confident he’d pass just from conversing with him. I don’t know what the situation in the DRC is, but I’d guess not as many foreign language education resources there for school children.

http://campusinsiders.com/news/three-star-shooting-guard-harold-baruti-committed-utah-05-20-2016
Another miss

4 Likes

Can’t miss a shot you don’t take

4 Likes

Baruti to Utah… Michigan passed on this one and I think that’s the smart move considering the scholarship situation.

http://twitter.com/mmshoops1921/status/733745089047056386

2 Likes

Can you clarify the comment about passing based on the scholarship situation? We have 2 open ships for 2016 and a scary thin back court. JB has room for a wing and we desperately need one for 2016.

2 Likes