Great addition in Mortiz Wagner

He's a bit of a project, but could be a solid role player down the line. I think he will play, this season, but I wouldn't necessarily look for more than 5 minutes a game from him unless LeVert leaves and we don't land Brown. In that case, Beilein may end up giving more time to bigger 4s, and Wagner will have more minutes to compete for. Wilson and Chatman will almost certainly be ahead of him, though, and he will have to work hard to see the floor much.

I agree he’s a bit of a project. I think Wagner is a RS candidate for two reasons:

1. M returns so much talent.
  2. Wagner looks like he needs to get stronger.

I also think Coach Beilein can do wonders for his shot.
Skill wise he can help right away, and might, but it’s a nice luxury to have the depth to weigh the options.
For 6’9" he’s a fluid athlete; looks like a kid who can run the floor, cut, handle the ball, compete on the boards, etc.
Coach Beilein appears to be on the cusp of having a sustainable, well stocked program, moreso than at any other juncture of his time at M.
The future is bright

Fluid athlete that can cut? Can handle the ball? I must be looking at a totally different player.

@ Ace_maker4 part II
To further clarify: I’m very high on DRIII. 6’7" shooters like him are rare, plus he has a track record of performing on a big stage at the collegiate level.
DJ Wilson, I feel, is the most physically talented Big on the roster. High ceiling. Needs experience, and needs to stay healthy, which has been an issue with him.
With Wilson and Robinson added to the list of returning contributors, minutes will be hard fought

JJ3 I am still not sold on this roster as a whole. It seems like Beilein has the quantity but in areas the quality is still lacking.

For those that disagree with the contention that Wagner can’t handle the ball, please refer me to some footage that displays Mo getting good separation from his defender with a change of direction move on either an isolation set or PnR.

I see we have another disagree freak. Im all for debate, please explain what exactly you disagree with. I truly am curious?

I see we have another disagree freak. Im all for debate, please explain what exactly you disagree with. I truly am curious?

Try not to get worked up next time someone calls you names if you also stoop to that level.

Try not to get worked up next time someone calls you names if you also stoop to that level.

I can agree to that, however you might want to stay out of others’ mix in an effort to antagonize simply because you view this as your opportunity to jump in the bandwagon because you disagree with my general stance on UM/JB.

I can agree to that, however you might want to stay out of others’ mix in an effort to antagonize simply because you view this as your opportunity to jump in the bandwagon because you disagree with my general stance on UM/JB.

It’s a public forum, I am allowed to respond to any post on the board. You can choose not to respond to me if you wish and I’ll have no problem with that. I am not antagonizing, just calling you out because you have criticized others for making it personal, only for you to do exactly the same thing. You can pretend you’re a victim all you want. I have never jumped on any bandwagon trashing you. All my disagreements with you have been regarding specific points you’ve made and not any broader outlook you may or may not have towards the program and how JB has shaped it. I can only recall two debates with you: 1) re: roster balance and 2) conference superiority.

Mattd - it’s not your opinions about JB/current direction that’s the problem - it was and still is the way you deal with others on here. You belittle, you brag, you call names, you make things personal…all of the things Dylan repeatedly says he doesn’t want in this forum. Yet you are still here…why you still have a place here is as much a mystery to me as civility is to you.

Not a big fan of redshirts in college BBall, except in cases of long-term injury. The whole “he needs to get stronger” thing is bullshit, frankly. Yes, more weight and strength may make a player better, but nobody who isn’t a good enough athlete to contribute at 6’9" 210 is going to magically be transformed into a solid player just by adding 20 or 30 lbs. Get him out there and give him some real game experience, even if it’s just 5 minutes a game. If he gets pushed around sometimes, he gets pushed around. Most freshmen do. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by nailing him to the bench for a whole year, though. It’s not as if we’re overloaded with talent and depth at the 4 and 5, especially if LeVert leaves and we don’t get Brown. Let him contribute as much as he can, and don’t worry about losing out on that magical 5th year.

Not a big fan of redshirts in college BBall, except in cases of long-term injury. The whole "he needs to get stronger" thing is bullshit, frankly. Yes, more weight and strength may make a player better, but nobody who isn't a good enough athlete to contribute at 6'9" 210 is going to magically be transformed into a solid player just by adding 20 or 30 lbs. Get him out there and give him some real game experience, even if it's just 5 minutes a game. If he gets pushed around sometimes, he gets pushed around. Most freshmen do. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by nailing him to the bench for a whole year, though. It's not as if we're overloaded with talent and depth at the 4 and 5, especially if LeVert leaves and we don't get Brown. Let him contribute as much as he can, and don't worry about losing out on that magical 5th year.

I doubt Wagner came here to redshirt either. He could have gone pro in Germany w/in the next year or two. He wants to play and I’m assuming JB has sold him on the opportunity to come in and compete for time immediately. There’s lots of numbers at the 4 and 5. Only one that is really nailed down for significant PT is Doyle. The rest will be up for competition.

It’s a public forum, I am allowed to respond to any post on the board. You can choose not to respond to me if you wish and I’ll have no problem with that. I am not antagonizing, just calling you out because you have criticized others for making it personal, only for you to do exactly the same thing. You can pretend you’re a victim all you want. I have never jumped on any bandwagon trashing you. All my disagreements with you have been regarding specific points you’ve made and not any broader outlook you may or may not have towards the program and how JB has shaped it. I can only recall two debates with you: 1) re: roster balance and 2) conference superiority.

Great, much the same that I have the capacity to respond in any fashion I prefer…perhaps without you jumping in? Seem fair?

Mattd - it's not your opinions about JB/current direction that's the problem - it was and still is the way you deal with others on here. You belittle, you brag, you call names, you make things personal.....all of the things Dylan repeatedly says he doesn't want in this forum. Yet you are still here.....why you still have a place here is as much a mystery to me as civility is to you.

That is your opinion (although I disagree), but let’s not pretend as if others don’t do it…just so happens that some turn a blind eye because im perceived as ‘disliking’ everything JB oriented by some around here.

Furthermore, I post a ton of information and spend an abundance of time cutting footage to bring the board some intel…

Great, much the same that I have the capacity to respond in any fashion I prefer…perhaps without you jumping in? Seem fair?

You do have the capacity to respond in which fashion you prefer. But that also opens yourself up to criticism from anyone on the board (and it is true for everyone on the board, not just yourself). If you do not want to risk being criticized by multiple people, perhaps you should only correspond with others in a private message.

You do have the capacity to respond in which fashion you prefer. But that also opens yourself up to criticism from anyone on the board (and it is true for everyone on the board, not just yourself). If you do not want to risk being criticized by multiple people, perhaps you should only correspond with others in a private message.

Fair enough, have a good evening sir.

Am I the disagree freak?

Am I the disagree freak?

Not at all.

JJ3 I am still not sold on this roster as a whole. It seems like Beilein has the quantity but in areas the quality is still lacking.

Fair enough. I might even agree with you, if the head coach wasn’t a master at his craft. Coach Beilein is assembling a team he knows he can win with. I’m confident he will have this team playing beautiful basketball next March in the N C 2 A

Mattd - it's not your opinions about JB/current direction that's the problem - it was and still is the way you deal with others on here. You belittle, you brag, you call names, you make things personal.....all of the things Dylan repeatedly says he doesn't want in this forum. Yet you are still here.....why you still have a place here is as much a mystery to me as civility is to you.

That is your opinion (although I disagree), but let’s not pretend as if others don’t do it…just so happens that some turn a blind eye because im perceived as ‘disliking’ everything JB oriented by some around here.

Furthermore, I post a ton of information and spend an abundance of time cutting footage to bring the board some intel…

Like you are the only one capable of doing such things. I am sure the board would get by without you. Most would prefer it. Hanging out at H.S. girls AAU tournaments doesn’t make you the basketball savant you think you are.

Like you are the only one capable of doing such things. I am sure the board would get by without you. Most would prefer it. Hanging out at H.S. girls AAU tournaments doesn’t make you the basketball savant you think you are.

Wait, do you disagree?