Duncan Robinson

I would’ve said that 3 years ago. I liked Brundidge’s agressiveness with going to the rim, but he was slow as a turtle, carried bad weight, and had below average verticality. Seen him several times in person and open gyms.

The idea that Duncan Robinson is the next Gordon Hayward is actually borderline comedy.

The issue isn't whether Thompson and Heyward turned out to be solid athletes - they did. The issue is whether, at the same stage as Duncan Robinson is now, they were solid athletes. If they were, I'd imagine they would have been recruited by some better schools than Butler and Washington State. If IU, ND and Purdue didn't want Heyward, that says something. UCLA wouldn't offer Thompson, even with Mychal Thompson begging them.

How about we just agree on this - whatever Duncan Robinson is today, it’s entirely possible he hasn’t reached his ceiling and can develop into a quality Big Ten player, whether that is the result of further skill development, improving strength and athleticism, or some combination of both.

Duncan Robinson is going to be 21 this year. Hayward and Thompson were NBA guys at the same point.

He is near 21 and weighs less than Caris.

The issue isn't whether Thompson and Heyward turned out to be solid athletes - they did. The issue is whether, at the same stage as Duncan Robinson is now, they were solid athletes. If they were, I'd imagine they would have been recruited by some better schools than Butler and Washington State. If IU, ND and Purdue didn't want Heyward, that says something. UCLA wouldn't offer Thompson, even with Mychal Thompson begging them.

How about we just agree on this - whatever Duncan Robinson is today, it’s entirely possible he hasn’t reached his ceiling and can develop into a quality Big Ten player, whether that is the result of further skill development, improving strength and athleticism, or some combination of both.

Duncan Robinson is going to be 21 this year. Hayward and Thompson were NBA guys at the same point.

I put on a good 15-20 lbs after I was 21 simply by living as close to Mr. Spots as Duncan will. Just sayin.

>

Neither had the late growth spurt.

>

Neither had the late growth spurt.

He “supposedly” grew 1 inch since prep school…not what I call a growth spurt.

I put on a good 15-20 lbs after I was 21 simply by living as close to Mr. Spots as Duncan will. Just sayin.

The point is he isn’t Hayward/Thompson as they were getting drafted at his current age and by the time he gains weight/athleticism, he will be a 23/24 year old playing against teenagers. Lets be real.

The point is he isn’t Hayward/Thompson as they were getting drafted at his current age and by the time he gains weight/athleticism, he will be a 23/24 year old playing against teenagers. Lets be real.

shouldn’t that be an advantage?

No, because it means he has less room to improve from a physical standpoint

shouldn’t that be an advantage?

Against college competition? Sure but it illustrates how absurd those comparisons are. This guy may be Josh Shurna if he reaches his absolute ceiling…big may be and if, too.

Sam Webb is claiming Robinson probably means no 2015 recruit? sigh

Robinson is a solid athlete now, he’s just thin and needs to add muscle. He’s never going to be a big leaper but that’s not needed for what he does. You can see here in this clip of the semi-final game last year - he moves well without the ball and has active hands on defense. He’s just not going to be jumping over anybody on the D1 level and he’ll have to work on his ball coverage.

Game starts after the 9 minute mark.

I don’t know, he grew one inch last year so he may reached the end of the growth spurt, but he can still add strength and agility in the next two years.

It might be unfair to play 27-28 years old against teenagers, but if it plays your advantage, why not? Chris Weinke enrolled in college at 26, I don’t think that any Florida State fans complained about Weinke being too old when they won NC two years later.

The idea that Duncan Robinson is the next Gordon Hayward is actually borderline comedy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! so. funny.

The kind of response expected from a poster whose only contribution to this forum is crying about everyone else’s opinions.

Sam Webb is claiming Robinson probably means no 2015 recruit? *sigh*

Absurd, I bet my house that we will take at least one in 15.

He said they were more inclined to be all in on Swanigan and Brunson and keep tabs on Dugan or another developmental B1G. He was speaking in terms of wings with the exception of maybe Dozier.

Sam is quite the optimist but Brian Snow on Scout doesn’t sugar coat much and the reports that they dug up from scouts in Duncan’s area was that he was a pretty good player.The staff obviously concurs to potentially shut down wing recruiting for 15. He obviously has room to grow in the weight room. Hopefully a little more explosiveness comes with it.

Robinson is a solid athlete now, he’s just thin and needs to add muscle. He’s never going to be a big leaper but that’s not needed for what he does. You can see here in this clip of the semi-final game last year - he moves well without the ball and has active hands on defense. He’s just not going to be jumping over anybody on the D1 level and he’ll have to work on his ball coverage.

Game starts after the 9 minute mark.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2014-03-21/diii-mbk-semifinal-williams-amherst-full-replay

He is not a solid athlete in any sense. It’s not just about verticality, its about lateral agility and speed as well, and he is substandard in all those areas

He said they were more inclined to be all in on Swanigan and Brunson and keep tabs on Dugan or another developmental B1G. He was speaking in terms of wings with the exception of maybe Dozier.

Yeah, I think its almost no chance Brunson or Swanigan comes to UM so I take it as 2015 recruiting is done, if Dozier goes elsewhere.

I thought 2015-16 was the year UM would make a run but appears this year has a better roster, unless a big-time, dynamic 2015 guard is added.

Yeah, all in on Brunson and Swanigan doesn’t seem to be a winning bet does it?

I was surprised he thought they were willing to take a Dugan type and Teske. Doesn’t seem like something they would do with their philosophy. Seems like overkill. Hopefully he has some bad intel. He talks to those dang coaches all the time though. Hard to believe he does.

I do like the staff’s confidence in their eye for talent and skill development. Hopefully they aren’t getting overly cocky with it. I was encouraged by Mr. Snow’s intel from the scouts he heard from in the area was that Duncan was a dang good player. He is definitely not the rainbows and sunshine type. I was definitely fine with the offer though. At worst he is an Irvin type who can hit ya 3 or 4 corner 3’s a game. I would feel better about it if they at least tried for Dozier though. Realistically he is the last 15 wing left that they seem to have some chance at.

Having seen MAAR in an open gym though, I wouldn’t be terrified of the prospects of a Duncan/MAAR post LeVert scenario. I like Dawkins more. I like Dawkins a lot actually, but he isn’t going to be the one to replace LeVert. Dawkins looks like so far he is a streaky shooter with a shaky handle but much better athleticism than I originally thought.

16 wing recruiting would be huge though.