Detroit Pistons Lottery Selection

Who do you think Detroit should select with their pick?

I would select Myles Turner.

If Detroit somehow won the #1 pick I would trade down for multiple picks/players. One example, trade pick to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and their lottery pick in hopes one of Myles Turner/Stanley Johnson/Mario Henzonja is still available.

Eh. If the end of the season taught us anything, we need shooting at the 4 spot if we are gonna succeed with Reggie Jackson. Turner isn’t providing that. Looks like our pick will come down to one of Stanley Johnson, Mario Hezonja and Kristapa Porzingis.

Presuming Monroe is gone, I think the Pistons have three pieces to build around - Drummond, RJ and KCP. I think they have a big need for an athletic, scoring SF - if Winslow (doubtful) or Stanley Johnson (possible) are available when they pick, I’d like to see them in Pistons blue.

Turner=LeMarcus Aldridge 2.0 IMO.

Eh. If the end of the season taught us anything, we need shooting at the 4 spot if we are gonna succeed with Reggie Jackson. Turner isn’t providing that. Looks like our pick will come down to one of Stanley Johnson, Mario Hezonja and Kristapa Porzingis.

I agree with both webbdog and Reegs. We need shooting at the 4 spot, but at the same time I really like Myles Turner and believe he has the tools to be a great scoring 4-man. However, I believe they will go after a shooting 4-man in free agency and then take a wing in the draft.

I think Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson, Trey Lyles and Sam Dekker are all possibilities with the pick, assuming they don’t win the lottery. I want Winslow, but not sure he will be available then.

Knicks fan here. I believe Winslow goes top 5.

1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Mudiay 4. Russell 5. Winslow 6/7 May have the Euros here.

Maybe a Euro goes top 5. Sliding Winslow to 6.

If the Pistons didn’t need to win soon to make sure they can keep Drummond, I would be fine with taking Hezonja and letting him develop a bit. Seen a little bit of video and I think long term, he could be a good option. But we need to win sooner rather than later so I would take Johnson as he fills a need and can do so right away. I’m resigned to Moose leaving, so if we draft a wing, then we need to get a stretch 4 in FA. If we draft a 4, we need to get a wing in FA. Luckily, the draft looks solid right around where the Pistons would pick for both the 3 and 4.

Really not sold on the first round Euro prospects. I don’t see either Hezonja or Porzingis being able to crack the rotation next season and we need a guy who can play immediately. As Bacon said above, they need a guy who can step in a provide meaningful minutes right away. I’d rather take Aleksander Vezenkov in the second round if we are going to take any Euro.

Re: draft order, I see top 5 being:

1. Towns
  2. Okafor
  3. Russell
  4. Mudiay
  5. Hezonja

I think Orlando will be looking to trade their pick. They really like their core of Payton, Oladipo, Harris, Gordon and Vucevic. Of course, a lot could change depending on what kinds of offers Harris gets as an RFA. Pistons may try to swoop in and sign him if they can’t pull Draymond away from Golden State.

I also think Monroe walks. I don’t want to pay him max money anyways.

Interesting suggestion I’ve heard is playing Stanley Johnson at 4 ala Rashard Lewis.

Interesting suggestion I've heard is playing Stanley Johnson at 4 ala Rashard Lewis.

I like Stanley Johnson as well. Think he would be a good fit for the Pistons. I’d be surprised if they put him at the 4, though. Remember Rashard Lewis is at least 6’10’'. Then again, the league is going small, so who knows.

I just think Trey Lyles has untapped upside in this draft. That cat has got skills!! Interested to see how high he ascends on draft night. I would not be disappointed if he ended up in Motown, despite the desperate need for a sniper.

To me, Lyles is the most intriguing prospect in the draft. He was kind of lost in the Kentucky shuffle and took a back seat to the rest of their rotation players in terms of exposure and attention. I think he has the most to gain in pre-draft workouts and we may see him jump into the top 8 when it’s all said and done.

I think the Pistons would take him if Winslow and Johnson are both off the board. Though apparently SVG is really high on Hezonja too… ugh.

I would prefer Myles Turner, think he has a higher ceiling. I did see Trey Lyles at a Pistons game sitting right behind SVG though, I think it was the last game against Cleveland, may be some type of connection going on there.

To me, Lyles is the most intriguing prospect in the draft. He was kind of lost in the Kentucky shuffle and took a back seat to the rest of their rotation players in terms of exposure and attention. I think he has the most to gain in pre-draft workouts and we may see him jump into the top 8 when it’s all said and done.

I think the Pistons would take him if Winslow and Johnson are both off the board. Though apparently SVG is really high on Hezonja too… ugh.