College Hoops Open Thread

Very well said. I agree.

Kansas St out to a great start

10 Likes

Im really rooting against Kentucky. They’ll push the price up of Final 4 tickets. Oh my god that feels good to type being only one game away!

4 Likes

Killian Tillie out for Gonzaga tonight. That would be a huge loss

Do we want FSU over the Zags?

Absolutely.

I think Gonzaga is the only team left in our half of the bracket that could beat us even if we have a solid game. I’m confident in beating the other teams unless we have a complete dud

2 Likes

Do we match up better? I haven’t seen either team all year. Watching a bit right now and FSU looks pretty athletic?

Texas A&M is athletic…

1 Like

100% we want Florida State

1 Like

Thought so - just wanted to make sure :wink:

2 Likes

Seriously the thought of a: Montana, Houston, Texas A&M, Florida State, Kansas State/Loyola run to the national championship game is the stuff fairytales are made of

9 Likes

was just about to type about Bruce weber falling asleep on the sidelines while his team implodes, then a big and-1 temporarily bails him out. Can ksu hold on?

And if you ever wondered if home court mattered in college basketball, U.K. V ksu exhibit a. Refs heavily influenced by huge pro uk fan advantage calling everything at one end. Then obviously realizing they made a bunch of bad calls call uk for some random touch foul to try and even it out. But it’s pretty much a given that if the ball gets inside the three point line at kentuckys end, it will be a foul on ksu.

Hahaha. Bye Kentucky. Couldn’t have happened to a sleazier coach

5 Likes

They were just too young and inexperienced!

7 Likes

This is wild. Our road to the national title game is looking like a 9 seed (FSU) and then either a 9 (KSU) or 11 (Loyola-Chi).

I love seeing Loyola do well, but I’m terrified of Sister Jean’s powers and would rather not face them lol

4 Likes

I want to put the holy rollers back in their place. I can’t believe how this bracket is breaking!

1 Like

Was mainly watching ksu game, but from what I’ve seen fsu looks a lot like Nebraska? Not sure that’s the right comp? But a lot of good athletes that can attack off the dribble and defend multiple positions.