College Hoops Open Thread

I love Nevada’s team

1 Like

Yikes. You gotta a least get a shot to the rim

1 Like

Alright, let’s see if UMBC can take care of business here. . . I’m starting to yawn at all these upsets.

Wow…Cincinnati goes down!

2 Likes

If Florida State somehow beats Xavier I’d be inclined to say this is the weakest half of a sweet 16 ever.

Kentucky in a down year, Michigan, Gonzaga and a bunch of randoms

Epic collapse by Cincinnati.

I believe that is the second largest comeback in tournament history and the largest second half comeback.

1 Like
13 Likes

Love that little UMBC dude! Nice floater!

I never thought I ever would, but he’s totally off the list.

He’s made his contribution.

1 Like

Didn’t watch is postgame presser (not yet, anyway…) but I’d bet the farm he didn’t mention his TWO banked 3s, and the fact that they accounted for 11% (ELEVEN!!) of his team’s total points.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s how it works. Like I said, it’s very sweaty business being the big favorite in a tournament like this. Home Court can’t do a damn thing if a team is hopeless and getting run off the court. Fans can’t play for the players. But the home court advantage is real in terms of taking momentum and turning it into an avalanche and it’s real in a close game unless you’re down on your knees choking like Sparty. But you’re probably not saying there’s no such thing as home court, right?

Mark Donnal headed to the sweet sixteen. Glad for him.

4 Likes

Bruce Pearl teams quit because their coach is a blowhard and a cheater.

4 Likes

I mean, you have to be absolutely positively sure you can make it, and then I agree with taking it. I’ve said before though, there are few things more awful than taking a scenario where worst case you go to overtime, best case you win the game, two possible outcomes, and you manage to add a third outcome and lose in regulation.

This is just to good a read. Invest 3-4 minutes.

The refs in this UMBC Kansas State game are doing everything in their power to will this to an upset. Blatant shooting fouls not being called back to back as the crowd takes over

1 Like

Is this wrong? I think I’m rooting for Xavier. If by some miracle we get by that utterly terrifying team I just saw take apart UNC, I think we want the other S16 matchup to be knock down drag out. I think that’s something of a factor.

There’s a reason Xavier is the #1 seed and A&M and FSU are much lower. I want the lower seeds, regardless of how they’ve looked today.

4 Likes

You may well be right, but I read that the Zags are the only team left in the brackets that Ken Pom favors over us and so it scares me they might cake walk over FSU?

Then again, the Zags could struggle with anyone.