College Hoops Open Thread

Winston- Bridges 3-15 and MSU up three.

And Battle has been shut out from field.

I don’t think Syracuse even deserved to make the tourney but I’m glad we didn’t get matched up with them. That zone is painful to play against. I don’t think Beilein has ever had any real success going up against it. We beat Cuse the last two times we played them but we struggled mightily to shoot against them.

I had to look it up again, but Burke, Hardaway and Stauskas went a combined 5-29 in the Final 4 game. Kind of amazing we still won.

1 Like

Sparty remains incredibly sloppy.

1 Like

I wonder if Izzo will bring up their two banked in 3s.

1 Like

Wow that alley-oop was ugly.

I think Tillman is going to be a very nice player for State. Hell of a rebounder.

1 Like

A lot more athletic and skilled than I thought he’d be as a freshman too

1 Like

Wow, what an awful call. As if putting his hand on Winston would make him look like he got shot…

He still pushed him, even if slightly. That gets called almost every time in that situation. Winston was smart to embellish, but it was just a bad move by Howard.

I refuse to be optimistic about this game.

If Syracuse could rebound…

2 Likes

MSU will tighten up on defense, refs will swallow whistles on rebounds the rest of the game, allowing MSU to putback their to a win.

If Duke’s zone is even half this effective against MSU, they’ll win by double digits. They have better offense and I have to imagine they’ll rebound better

1 Like

Eh, they’re not even top 200 in defensive rebounding somehow. Syracuse is slightly ahead of them.

McQuaid-Langford 2-15.

Nice that Izzo held JJJ to half a season of his 1 and done.

I can’t see Syracuse pulling it off, but I didn’t expect them to be up right now, either. Those OReb numbers are unbelievable.

Two handed shove by Jackson on his defender on the rebound and no call lol

Who’s generally considered the better in game coach of these two?

State 8-34 on threes.

I would say that Syracuse has had some bad possessions with the lead, but when have they not?

Off on Tillman, right?

Edit: did that not hit his leg?

1 Like