Chances at the NCAA tournament

agree. Dawkins is a Mac / Horizon league guy.

Mgo. I think you really need to take your fan glasses off. Donnal though playing better shouldnā€™t be at Michigan.

1 Like

JB needs to reconsider his recruiting strategy.

I donā€™t get why people hate Dawkins he can shoot well and has athletic ability. He is a projected NBA prospect by some people (not by me http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft 38 to the Bucks

I donā€™t understand why you think I am crazy. I think Zak Irvin would start on almost all teams in the country with the exception of a few and Donnal is good enough to be a BACKUP big for most teams.

You are nuts on Donnal! Unless you think he backs up at places like Northwestern Rutgers and PSU who routinely recruit mid major talent

Iā€™ve always like Irvin. His biggest issues are shot selection and ability to get off the ground around the rim

Heā€™s not a starter Iā€™m not going to pretend he is because he should not be. You need to give credit to him with the way he is playing NOW he is a decent D1 backup big. With the way he played last year he deserved to be D2.

mgo, you are in la la land my friend. I actually envy you and your naivety. Youā€™re clearly in a better spot than I am in regards to Michiganā€™s basketball program. Bless your soul.

Dawkins would thrive at a MAC school. Duncan Robinson too.

If Dawkins is playing well over his ranking there are probably hundred of 3 star recruits performing over their ranking. Irvin is not playing at a 5 star level either.

We need to look at the total picture with all these players just not offense the team is absolutely awful defensively do Dawkins and Irvinā€™s poor defense not get included in that?

Derrick Walton shooting 34% inside the arc is this good for a PG who has the ball in his constantly? Out of all the past prior point guards I would put Burke and Darius Morris both ahead of Walton.

We are talking recruiting a bit but all of this has to change if they want to make the tournament.

1 Like

Last I am going to say and I am going to move on and watch the superbowl is offensively we have B1G talent. Defensively we are clearly not there. Duncan had two bad games and now he is not B1G talent according to you guys. Every analysis for ESPN Bleacherreport CBS Sports seem to think heā€™s the real deal. Praise has also been said about Aubrey by several people. I am not going on with this any more.

Considering the fact that we are 1-6 against ranked teams, all of the losses have been by double digits, and Melo had maybe his worst performance of the season against us, it does seem like the Maryland win was a bit of a fluke. I hate that, but I think itā€™s true. I would like to see our guys put up a fight against another ranked team before we call it anything else.

1 Like

Yeah luckily UM was making shots against Maryland and they didnā€™t play their best game.
Chances of tourney though I would say maybe can lose another 2 or 3 games maybeā€¦but have to be a ā€œgood lossā€ if that can even happen. Not these blowouts that have been happening.

Honestly can say the way they are playing now, they can get 2 wins.(minny and maybe the cats since its a home game.)
Looking at the remaining schedule they could lose all the other games. Depends what ohio st and wisky teams that show up and maybe pull one of if not both of the home games of purdue/iowa.

So chances are very slim just by current level of play.

Robinson has thrived here. I think Dawkins is a B1G level player as well. The problem is that we are depending on Robinson to be a primary scorer. He has not diversified his game enough to be that in the B1G (though I do think he has added to his game while here and will continue to do so). Robinson would be scoring 20+ a game easily in the MAC. Not in the B1G, nor should he be asked to.

Back to the subjectā€¦

9 seed in Lunardiā€™s update today
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/223

1 Like

Donnal/Doyle/Wagner/Wilson vs Johnson/Meeks/Hicks/James

:fearful:

Iā€™d rather be a 12 seed

Weā€™re still a ways from bubble watch but it doesnā€™t take long to find it. Glad weā€™re still hanging in there and plenty of opportunities left to prove one way or the other.

You basically made a case for my post. Thank you.

Before these two games I was laughing at you guys about making tourney, but after how badly we got beat by both teams at home Iā€™m actually a bit scared. I thought weā€™d post done upsets coming up but now Iā€™m not sure if we have it in us. We could really lose a lot of games coming up. I could see us losing to Wisconsin and Ohio st which I didnā€™t before. Maybe Caris comes back and we can figure this out but damn we are running out of time, and thatā€™s looking less and less likely.