Caris Levert's injury

This is a comparison of kenpom stats of Michigan vs. kenpom Top 100 opponents, separated by those with Caris and those without. These stats are from before the home Purdue game.

Everyone points to missing out on Caris’ scoring, assist, and rebounding numbers, but (as you can see) the real impact was on the defensive end, especially with wing players getting into the paint and creating open looks for bigs especially, but also 3-pt. shooters.

Any concern now?

Anyone who thinks coaches always tell the truth to the media just learned a lesson.

I think they should just shut him down for the year. After today you have 4 B1G games left. I have no idea how he would be able to play in the B1G tourney since you play back to back games. In the NCAA tourney you play 2 games in 2-3 days and then have a rest of a few days. He played 11 minutes on Saturday and isn’t able to return 3 days later? At some point you need to count on players who are reliable and you can count on them contributing.

1 Like

Wonder if I will be told he is ok because he just played.

But I’m not a surgeon so I don’t know anything.

3 Likes

It’s become a distraction at this point that a struggling team doesn’t need. There isn’t any way when the team boarded the bus yesterday that Levert was going to play the man couldn’t even warm up. I love how Caris developed his game and played for a couple years but he isn’t helping the team right now.

1 Like

This whole thing is driving me crazy the kid is soft and JB is starting to question it time to man up and play a little soreness won’t brake ur foot

Soft?!?!? Lol he is hurt! You were to caught up that he played last game. Kid was struggling with his movement on the court.

1 Like

There is a difference between being hurt and injured and that is something every coach says. Yes he is hurt but there is no reason he couldn’t play. He was injured and it was understandable when he was out at first. Now he is just injured and sitting out due to soreness is vert soft. If every player sat out when they were sore there would be a lot of games missed by players throughout the year for almost every team.

What really confuses me was the whole press conference. He clearly said he will play at Ohio St and was very clear about it. This is a joke and I love how JB is beginning to call him out and question his toughness. It is nothing but a distraction at this point.

Missed where Beilein called him out and questioned his toughness… don’t think that happened

1 Like

He did not deliberately do it but he was basically showing how he is starting to get fed up with it.

How?? Just wondering how you are coming to this conclusion

1 Like

He does not seem happy about it he seems like he has had enough and is ready for Caris to man up or call it quits.

Could be. And if just not making Caris look bad becomes part of the equation, he may be getting a certain kind of advice from home. . .

Caris is doubtful vs Maryland I don’t get why he spoke with media and said he expected to play vs osu and now misses next 2 with more to come…handled so poorly

Basically when Caris is pain free he will decide weather to return or not. When he was first hurt it took around a week and a half until they said he was “pain free” so I expect late next week to hear the fate of his season. I am hopeful and that if he is pain free he has been clear he wants to play so I do think he will return but who knows.

I am personally extremely disappointed in the toughness/resolve shown by Caris Levert. Surely at this point all of the decisions being made appear to revolve around selfish reasoning. He has been medically cleared to play. If the doctors say you can play nothing else needs to be said. I mean come on, if you sit out 6 weeks and then try to play back into D1 conditioning of course you will be sore as hell for a few weeks straight. I think he is afraid of not measuring up to his previous standards this season and thus hurting his draft stock. Of course I’m naive to think a kid would want to contribute 15 minutes of playing his way into shape a game in order help the team. This is clearly all about Caris as he sees dollar signs. He won’t jeopardize the mighty dollar to help his team. Goodbye Caris, your legacy will never be realized.

You are off base the kid Broke his foot a year ago after a stress fracture surgery, gets hurt again this year . His Career is way more important than anything else he should do what is right for him period.

4 Likes

100% disagree with your take.

3 Likes

Just so you know I work with several orthopedic surgeons and they don’t nonchalantly clear kids medically to play. Caris Levert is cleared to play mind you. This has been all about him. Which is fine, however it is still selfish whichever way you want to spin it. He is entitled to do whatever he wants with his body and his future, but I have seen better competitors. That’s all.