Caris Levert's injury

I think MPB’s got this right. Obviously LeVert would have made a positive impact, but anyone who would suggest that he’s the difference between a win and a monstrous blowout is kidding themselves. Even Hield or Dunn could not do nearly enough to offset the lack of toughness and effort from the rest of the roster during that game. And LeVert, for all his virtues, is no Hield.

I really think that Caris will play tomorrow. He has been pain free for a while and has started to pracitce.

Tea leaves reading attempt here: JB says today “He practiced yesterday more than he has practiced. So he’s going to do more today than he did yesterday. We’ll see what happens.”

While that can be taken as equally vague, I think that (and Dylan others can correct if wrong) in every other press briefing he has said something definitively negative about Caris playing the next day with possible exception of IU. Things like (and I’m not exactly quoting), “doubt we will see him”, “not tomorrow”, etc were a lot more conclusively negative than “we’ll see what happens”. Trying to take my rose colored glasses off, but hoping this is a positive inflection. Really need him back, even if in limited minutes.

He says the same crap every game .

I hope I’m wrong but I think we might have seen Caris last game at Michigan I hope I’m wrong.

It was just clearly pointed out by JVS that what he said today is different than what he has said before other games.

Looks like you’re going to get your wish of being wrong – as soon as 2h from now.

2 Likes

Apparently he isn’t warming up :frowning:

Not warming up at all with the whole team

I think he is done and u were wrong.

If I’m Caris I might just shut is down cash my chips in and get ready for the draft.

Can someone explain to me the argument that Caris LeVert sitting out helps his draft stock?

I was wrong today. you’re not right until he sits the next 8+BTT+NCAA. I’d take it down a level (and I agree with Dylan that it really doesn’t make any sense)

1 Like

Why risk getting hurt again ? He has been out for the last 2 years for the majority of the B1G season. He can just do his individual workouts to impress teams.

Your logic is awful. And if that’s what you’d do, it sounds like you’re soft.

That’s bc you are thinking like a fan instead of a parent.

You said, “If I’m Caris…”

The bottom line: if he is cleared to play, he needs to come back–both for his teammates and for his draft stock. 2 season-ending injuries in back-to-back seasons will cause some teams to drop him off their draft boards.

1 Like

I hope he does come back bc this team blows without him . If I am him I’d consider it resting for the draft . But why would anyone play with these kids they have zero heart.

I don’t think playing or not playing is hurting his draft stock. He will rest up and get ready for the combine, individual workouts for teams and let that speak for itself.

1 Like

You lost what little credibility you had by saying the kids don’t have heart. You can call out skill or decision-making, but you have no idea about their heart. You’re just an Internet tough guy. Do you think Irvin in 100%? Or Walton? No, but they are out there playing until the final buzzer. This is a talent issue. Not a heart issue.

1 Like