Bracketology / Bubble Watch Thread (2016-17)

This is awesome. Does anyone, by chance, have a resource where you can view players’ PPG among NCAA Tournament teams only? Thanks

When I saw the bracket, I just figured that the committee just gave advanced metrics the finger.

3 Likes

The part I feel is toughest is the top of our Midwest Region bracket. Iowa St is rolling but that’s a tricky game vs Nevada. Then you have Purdue at the 4. I can see either of them making a run and beating Kansas.

It’s a tough pick out of those three teams. That’s the toughest portion for me so far.

I have no idea who to take in brackets. This is the most wide open I can remember. So many crazy matcups.

Nd-wv, Purdue-iowa st? Who wins? I could see 12 or 13 real final four caliber squads. Who do u guys like?

1 Like

I agree. The zags bracket is crazy too. Then. Kentucky, ucla, unc. How do I pick out of those three? Nova, Wisconsin, fla ,Virginia. Hell v tech is good

I just wish I could trust miller or few. Their teams never live up to potential

2 Likes

I keep landing on UCLA winning the whole thing. Someone talk me out of it with logic/facts. Please.

I personally see them winning as well.

In my “wishful” bracket I have them in a final four with Michigan. But can’t see us keeping up with them just like last time

I’ve got Arizona. Think they have the best mix of offense and defense.

1 Like

It’s pretty obvious defense. Ucla is awful on defense. Currently 79 on kenpom. And I don’t think they have gone thru a defensive renaissance like Michigan this season. Going back to 2002 I heard the worst defensive ranked team to win it all was 15 (havnt checked myself so could be wrong). And most the teams that won it all were easily in the top ten. It’s hard to win six games against quality competition when you play zero defense, no matter how good your players on offense.

1 Like

I love them but like miller like few always falls short . I have them in the finals on one and final 4 another

I, too, have UCLA winning but I don’t feel good about it.

UCLA can’t possibly win because M beats everybody in rematches this season. Hail Beilein

4 Likes

Steve Alford has never really impressed me as a tournament coach.

1 Like

I don’t like Alford, I don’t like teams that don’t play D, and I don’t like the Ball Patriarch. But I just keep landing on them. Ugh

2 Likes

They looked so good in the Pac 12 tournament. I even put up with Bill Walton’s fantastical, nonsensical announcing to watch them play. Seriously, Bill Walton is like Dicky V, except he doesn’t believe in stats, he’s constantly commenting on the players’ bodies, and he shows even more favoritism to UCLA than Dicky V does to Duke.

2 Likes

Walton is the best

2 Likes