Bracketology / Bubble Watch Thread (2016-17)

Maryland got the best draw by far. I would’ve loved that even being Thursday

Where’s the part where they grill some nervous guy from the committee? Looking forward to that.

2 Likes

And Vandy should be our 10-seed matchup, not OSU

Yeah, bad draw in some ways, but happy to be in the section of the bracket with Kansas, Oregon, and Purdue as the 1-4. I don’t see us losing to OSU, so if we beat the 'Ville I really like our chances to win that region. Maybe the revenge tour continues. And we did get a Friday date, so that’s good.

I think U.K and Duke are much worse matchups for us. I haven’t watched any Arizona games, so I’ll plead ignorance on them. I’ve seen a few Louisville games. They’re a rugged, fairly athletic team that plays good defense. They don’t shoot well and fell off a bit towards the end of the season.

1 Like

I read on Twitter and agree, not an easy draw in the first two games but if the goal is to make a deep run, the rest of the bracket and matchups is a good draw

Also, total BS the committee aaid they were going away from RPI. None of that justifies any of that

1 Like

Trying so hard to ignore the 6-seed snub so that I can continue to bask in the glory of the B1G 2017 Tournament CHAMPIONS. I’ll let the internet stew on this for a while, hear some developed opinions on the justice of the draws.

1 Like

Evans. And some white boy sniper whose name escapes me who scores a lot.

Amazing that Ok St lost their first six conference games in a row, then won 10/11.

They can score the ball and will put a lot of pressure on our D with dribble drives.

Phil Forte I believe

I know before the B1G tournament kenpom would’ve had us a 3pt underdog to them. I’d imagine now it’s a pick em or we’re barely favored.

Definitely would like to see them slow those two guys down. I don’t see any way they slow us down. We tear up bad D’s with easy 2s and opens up easy 3s.

Cowboys lost last three games, giving up 90 a game in defeat. :flushed:

1 Like

yup. that’s him.

The 10-seed kenpom variability is pretty wild: Wich st (8!!), VCU (52), Marquette (28), and OSU (24). More fuel to the “committee still loves the RPI” fire

2 Likes

Vandy at 9 is the seed I’m most perplexed by ---- I know the RPI, but it was boosted by mid/low-majors with strong records.

1 Like

Yeah. They certainly score a lot. But we carve up teams with bad defenses. Honestly, with just a average performance on defense (easier said than done against the OSU offense), we should be fine.

1 Like

It’s only one more loss than MSU, and they beat Florida 3 times

How many B1G teams lose their 1st round game?