Big Ten Tournament Discussion Thread

This is entertaining stuff!

Rutgers offense = one of the guards shoot a pull-up jumper preferably from just inside the three point line. Hopefully get the offensive rebound and somehow throw it back in.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot to like about C. Edwardā€™s game, but my favorite part is that his shoes look like Timberlands

3 Likes

Haha. Noticed that earlier. Iā€™m certainly not hip into the shoe game so Iā€™m sure those are cool with the ā€œkidsā€ these days but I donā€™t get it. All those straps and they look like they are flesh colored.

I can just see Pikiell pleading ā€œplease, please, after the 4 crossovers, when you go to take a pull-up, fadeaway jumper, just do it behind the line where the shot is worth 50% more points.ā€

And Sanders just absently nods his head in low key defiance

Tremendous game, but Iā€™m fighting so hard to stay awake.

@Mattski Iā€™ve always hated that logo. I know that it represents every school, donā€™t care. Itā€™s fugly. Itā€™s an embarrassment.

Yep, after the Edwards lay in for 74-67 it was time for a timeout.

1 Like

If Rutgers pulls this out, I think we know which of the four factors was key - offensive rebounding. Is PU not that great on the defensive glass or is RU just playing out of their minds?

And if they lose, eFG%, as is tradition

Agh so many long twos by Rutgers. Itā€™s driving me crazy

Purdue finally remembered Haas was on the team.

Valiant effort by Rutgers. Pretty entertaining game which might be the first time I could say that about a Rutgers basketball game.

Rutgers, as a team, deserves some kind of all tournament thing. Not just a participation trophy - more like a holy hell, you made this tournament more exciting trophy. Great game, those two kids, wow. And Mike Williams may have been fouled and Haas should be ashamed of himself, getting out rebounded by a guy as small as Williams. Williams just took it right from him.

Exactly what my wife noticed!

1 Like

Well, I canā€™t say I wasnā€™t entertained.

1 Like

Pretty interesting visual of the conference up to this point for the year.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s meant to represent the cluster-f*** of conference realignment.

2 Likes

He played 7 minutes and scored one point. He played a total of 22 minutes in 18 Big Ten games, and was not the difference between winning and losing in a single one of them.

Thereā€™s a difference between a serious contributor and a spot contributor. You should learn it, instead of obsessing over a personal crusade.

Itā€™s amazing how stubborn some people remain in the face of contradiction. But hey, Michiganā€™s Big Ten wins ceiling is still 11 wins, right??

4 Likes

Still like IBIā€™s potential. If JB has him on the court in the first half of a tournament game then he has confidence and faith in the young man. I will not be surprised to see him as a contributor over the next two years. The same can be said of Caris, Rahk, Spike and Iā€™m sure many others. Heā€™s a foundational player who knows the systemā€¦need seniors to win games!

Go Blue!

3 Likes