Big Ten thoughts from tonight

@umhoops Should be interesting to see Indiana square off against Creighton tonight. Quick question for the crowd: should we hope for every Big Ten team to win as much as possible in the non-conference from an RPI/SOS standpoint? I find it really hard to cheer for IU, UW, OSU or State. I guess I could cheer for the others, though.

His face always reminded me of thisā€¦

Indiana is going to be very good. Hoosiers donā€™t play a lot of defense, but Thomas Bryant will be a huge boost in the middle and Yogi Ferrell might be one of the only two or three players in play for Big Ten Player of the Year right now.

Then add in guys like JBJ, Troy Williamsā€¦ pretty loaded roster.

In your opinion who is in play for B1G POY? Imo you have Trimble, Valentine, Ferrell and maybe Hayes? I guess if you include Hayes you could include Levert not sure if either of those two can put it all together for that kind of season.

Those are the three IMOā€¦ at least at this stage. LeVert or Hayes could certainly have a shot, but I wouldnā€™t call them favorites right now.

Funny that thereā€™s a post here about Valentine being likable despite being a Spartan, and over at mgoblog there a post about most dislikable B1G players. Last I saw, he was winning hands down. Anyone who finds him endearing hasnā€™t been watching him jawbone our players the last few years. Dude can play, but not an appealing person to me.

Since there seems to be a pile-on on this specific statement, let the record show that I was just agreeing with GTF. I tend to blame Izzo for the generally unsportsmanlike character of MSU basketball.

Yep. False-father-figure Izzo fosters poor sportsmanshipā€¦i respect Valentine even more if he can rise above the culture Izzo has created because that is not an easy thing to do. I have seen signs of Valentine maturingā€¦I will say I enjoy the hell out of the gif but I donā€™t think it reflects well on Michigan fans to make fun of a kids looks. Come on.

Well that seems awfully hypocritical.

It seems more honest than anything. Acknowledging that something is funny even though juvenile but knowing that is inappropriate and that we, as michigan fans, should be holding ourselves to a higher standard.

The gif does not make reference to Valentineā€™s face. It makes reference to his attempt to alpha dog our players and soon after losing to Michigan in glorious fashion. I think it is a beautiful life lesson.

All I have to say about that program is that Izzo is damn lucky those rape allegations came about 5 years ago. That shit wouldnā€™t fly in 2015. With the climate surrounding that type of stuff today media would be all over that police report. Valentine, Costello, Forbes, etc. are annoying on the court, but thereā€™s nothing (to my knowledge) to indicate they are true scumbags.

Man, Wisconsin got trampled by Oklahoma today. They shot 7 for 33 from three. I know Oklahoma is really good but this this yearā€™s UW is not looking like a tournament team.

The Freep helped cover it up. Among the information in that ongoing lawsuit between ESPN and msu, the Feds declared that incident was completely mishandled. The Freep was well aware of the whole thing and did absolutely nothing.

This is the same media outlet that had the capabilities of posting an arrest video of Minick as well.

Meanwhile, there has been numerous msu DUIs, and ZERO arrest videos posted.