Big Ten Roster Movement (Summer 2016)

Unless that player plays at Michigan.

I couldn’t resist

1 Like
4 Likes

does mcswain need to sit out a year or is he eligible immediately?

Juco transfer should be eligible right away

1 Like

If he stays in that changes everything completely. The big ten as a whole has no favorite. Praying he stays in!

There is absolutely no reason Michigan shouldn’t be playing for a league championship in early March.

4 Likes

We have to avoid injuries - Irvin’s health is huge.

1 Like

Blackmon and Hayes gone would shift the balance of power. I expect Blackmon to return and 60/40 that Hayes goes.

1 Like

Good recap here.

Every team deals with injuries. IU lost Blackmon last year and didn’t skip a beat.

1 Like

Comparing losing Blackmon to losing Caris, Spike, and having a hobbled Irvin are so different. Also, to Indiana’s credit, their roster had enough talent to endure losing a scorer. If they lost Ferrell or Bryant, though, it wouldve been such a different story.

1 Like

Losing Blackmon IMO it was addition by subtraction. Not that he’s a bad player but they opened up the offense after he went down and really hummed along better. Pieces fitting, others stepping up, etc.

1 Like

Inserts crying emoji

3 Likes

I don’t buy that at all it’s an easy narrative to spout when they won the B1G. Blackmon was shooting 48% from the field, 46% behind the arc and grabbing 4 rebounds per game. To say it was addition by subtraction is foolish. In fact that game against UNC is a perfect example of why they missed him and Johnson.

1 Like

I agree that IU was better without him. The ball moved better and more players got involved. They also started playing better defense.

1 Like

Defense was key. Not only did they maintain the insane scoring by other guys stepping up, but Blackmon was easily their worst defensive player in the rotation.