Big Ten Discussion

Wisconsin emerging pretty much as the class of the Big Ten by a wide margin. Who will compete with them at the top?

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t think anyone will. If they beat Purdue later this week I see them absolutely running away with the conference by perhaps even 4+ games.

1 Like

There is a long way to go.

And what are we thinking of Minnesota?

They look good but should have beaten Sparty. I fear that Izzo will have Sparty where he always does come March- in the Sweet Sixteen-- while we will be struggling to just make the tourney again.

Minnesota looks more athletic than last year, but Iā€™m interested to see how the freshmen ā€” especially Coffey ā€” hold up after 3-4-5 straight weeks of B1G grind. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Gophers flirt with .500 in conference play? Maybe finish a win or two just shy?

1 Like

Really curious about tonightā€™s Big Ten gamesā€¦

Purdue at OSU
Iowa at Nebraska
Minnesota at Northwestern

OSU needs a W, Purdue just dropped a home game to Minnesota, can Iowa win on the road? Is Nebraska for real? Are Minnesota and Northwestern potential tourney teams? Lotā€™s to play for tonight.

2 Likes

I think Nā€™Western may be a tourney team this year. They easily could have won the two nonconference games they lost, which both would have been impressive wins. Butler beat them on a buzzer beater and they completely collapsed in the last two or three minutes against ND after they had a lead.

Big win for Purdue at Ohio State. Needed it after dropping one at home to Minnesota. Buckeyes are 0-2 and have @Minny, @Wisconsin and MSU at home coming up. Tough spot.

10-8 overall would look reallll nice on OSU. Crazy that only 5 teams in the conference have less than 5 losses right now. Gonna be a lot of bubble teams come March

1 Like

Tai Webster and Glynn Watson can go. Fun to watch. Both playing great against Iowa, but this one is close near half time.

1 Like

More bad news for OSU

This Nebraska/Iowa ending has been insane. Hawkeyes in another overtime game.

Iā€™m having a really hard time distinguishing if these teams are good or not based on this game

Bohannon is going to be a very annoying player for four years in the big ten. Seems like he has a little bit of that Aaron craft attitude but he can actually shoot it.

1 Like

LOL. Iowa is getting a tough whistleā€¦ Webster has been draped all over Jok with 4 fouls.

Fun game to watch.

1 Like

Yea this isnā€™t a game any of these officials will want on their highlight reels

Northwestern with another tough close loss. 3 of their 4 I really felt they should have/could have won. I sure hope they make the NCAA Tourney

1 Like

Love Tim miles heā€™s doing a nice job right now. Happy for him heā€™s a great guy