Big Ten Discussion

Doesn’t seem like often. This made me think of Trey’s 3 to tie the game against Kansas. A Jayhawk totally bowled over McGary (which seemed hard to do) while he was setting a screen. Good no call :grinning:

1 Like

Getting bowled over had to be better than the punch to the nuts earlier in the game.
That was the most satisfying M win of the Beilein era for me.

5 Likes

I have tried that while playing and coaching and didn’t get the call either time. From the looks of it, the ref wasn’t sure what to do and just screwed it up on the call. It’s not really a charge, so I don’t know what exactly it would be called.

Anyone here been to Little Ceasars Arena and have lunch recommendations for before the game tomorrow? They put in a bunch of new places nearby, right?

At the very least, you could get a hot and ready pizza.

5 Likes

I’d take that lol, I think the quality to cost ratio of their pizza is quite good👌🏻

3 Likes

Best day for the big ten so far? Purdue just pounded Butler and Rutgers upset a top 15 Seton Hall team

Now just avoid bad losses the rest of the day —and hope Indiana & Nebraska can keep those 2 games respectable

How’d Rutgers win that game?!?

Is Izzo even the second best division 1 coach in the state of Michigan? Tied with Oakland 66-66.

Rutgers isn’t a joke anymore. Hiring Eddie Jordan was like the most Rutgers thing ever, except for all the other Rutgers things, but this is a different basketball program now.

Sparty turned up the defensive pressure and ran a series of good possessions, but Oakland, after playing so well, kind of lost their nerve.

Also, I think the ref thought that was a head injury, which is why the game was stopped. These announcers are terrible.

1 Like

IU/ND game has turned a bit crazy in overtime.

Incredible ending to the IU game! Great play by McRoberts to grab the rebound and then to find Morgan for the dunk! Then the three pointer all the way down and out at the buzzer by ND! Great win for the B1G!

5 Likes

Upset Saturday around the country is turning in to a very good day for the B1G. Nice win by IU, to join Rutgers with the ranked upsets. So far conference has avoided bad losses (Northwestern looked lifeless but got past DePaul).

Flipside to the Conference’s general good fortune has been the knocks to UM’s out of conference schedule…LSU upset at home & UCLA getting run out of its building

That LSU loss is a bummer. Nebraska was so close to making it a really great bounce back day for the conference.

Tony Carr suspended for Penn State today at George Mason. Nittany Lions have a pretty weak non-conference resume and can’t afford to slip up on the road.

Michigan got 1 receiving vote in the AP Poll!

4 Likes

Indiana down 15 to a red hot Fort Wayne, with 8:48 to go.

I’m glad we’re done with Indiana this year; looks like a team that is going to play to the level of its competition. Wouldn’t surprise me if they play a 1-possession game vs MSU or Purdue and then get blown out by Illinois or Nebraska.

Northwestern gettin a first row seat to traemania. 27-12 at under 16 timeout lol. Young with 12 and 4.

1 Like