Big Ten Discussion

He may not have 3 years left. I don’t know if he actually does or not but transferring twice won’t help him.

You may be right, I’m not 100% sure but I for got he was at Oklahoma for a few months.

That new DePaul arena is out by McCormick Place. I wouldn’t really call that downtown, although it’s a bit closer than Rosemont. DePaul basketball has been adrift since they moved from Alumni Hall on campus, way back in 1980.

2 Likes

True, it’s not in the loop, but it could make a world of difference from the All State Arena – a new arena by the lake just minutes from a million workers and much more accessible from DePaul’s campus. Even general interest basketball fans will be much more likely to go, especially if DePaul gets good or when Nova or Georgetown come to town.

1 Like

Kam Williams is coming back to OSU. They needed that one.

2 Likes

Rough spot to ‘need’ Kam Williams to return. Good player, good shooter, but shouldn’t determine a program’s outcome.

3 Likes

This is official

1 Like

Its too bad that Depaul doesn’t still play in Lincoln Park. That would have been an amazing place to watch college hoops.

2 Likes

BREAKING: @Mark_Alstork is officially an #Illini 🔶🔷🔶🔷 pic.twitter.com/aIrX0AKrlC

— Illini Barstool (@BarstoolILL) May 24, 2017

Power move by Underwood

1 Like

Should’ve known he was going there, had an unnecessary announcement about the commitment. Seems to be the trend for them.

Purdue's Caleb Swanigan is staying in the NBA Draft, source told ESPN. I had one GM tell me they think he is... https://t.co/PgkrvC8cmp

— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) May 24, 2017
2 Likes

Jalen Coleman-Lands is leaving Illinois and transferring. I believe to DePaul.

1 Like

Wow so DePaul could potentially have Tyger Campbell, Brian Bowen and Coleman-Lands next year? Maybe the lesson here that we should hire top high school coaches as assistants

3 Likes

The teams I was told are DePaul, Norte dame, or butler. But my guess is DePaul. He has to sit out one year.

But he is 100% leaving, barring a miracle. Should be granted his release by Friday.

2 Likes

That helps with recruiting for the ‘bribe’ year, then what? Seems like a short term quick fix.

2 Likes

Good thing about those kids though, none have real NBA potential so they should be around for awhile. I understand some kids develop well and become NBA players but the majority do not. The new arena and coach should help DePaul out quite a bit.

1 Like

I feel a lot better about the talent on the current roster after looking at the rest of the B1G’s projected starters next year. Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State, Indiana are all way down. Could be a weird year

1 Like

Another similar take:

1 Like