Big Ten Discussion

I’d love for us to offer him if he asks/ gets release.

Besides bamba I can’t picture a real is tic target who is a better way to use the scholarship outside of bamba. I always liked his game and we need. A wing. Not to much left in 17 that would be a better player and fit that we’d pull

Wow middle Tennessee is blowing the. I have them in every bracket. I’m really hoping they do this. I actually even have them sweet 16 in one. They were up 17 and threw the ball away for no reason trying to push it.

I never really bought into minny but they did impress me in the last win . They were better then I thought. I also have northwestern. I really like that team. If they survive they will scare the zags.

Also I was just thinking how the big ten is going to show everybody it’s much better then thought. No one will go see but I see a lot of first round wins for the conference. Also I’m predicting big ten will be the best conference on America next year. Everybody is back that matters for everyone.

Every team comes back with their important pieces pretty much or nice replacements

Wow northwestern was taking control. Vandy scores 9 unanswered in 90 seconds. Brutal. I was hoping northwestern could seize control and grind this out.

Wow their gonna blow this and make us look bad. Northwestern is clearly better. Take control. Just overplay the line. Make them about twos boys

Brad Underwood to Illinois

That’s awful, makes yesterday even better. Congrats on screwing Ok St and leaving that quick

1 Like

Pretty sure they were only paying him something like 1.2 mil.

Sorry, 1 mil

1 Like

Why did he take that Ok St job then and not wait it out for another with more money? One year and bailed

Great get for the Illini. Helluva coach. If he can tap the Chitown recruiting market…

3 Likes

Is he? Those weren’t his players at Ok St and his defense was garbage

Won 86% of games at Stephen F Austin. Had the highest rated offense in the country in his first season at OKlahoma St.

Don’t know if he’s an elite coach, but he seems like a pretty good one.

If he can recruit Chicago, I could see Illinois being very good under him. I think the transition will be tougher though because I don’t see an Evans like talent sitting at Illinois.

1 Like

You don’t remember his outmanned SFA team’s showings? That man can coach and he jumped to a better job for more money…that’s a surprise?

It’ll be no fun playing Illinois with him there. Believe me.

1 Like

I bet we saw the same remarks about Groce after his hire. He also had a good first year WITHOUT his players.

Point is, people should calm down on the “helluva coach” remarks. Karma also has a way of getting back at people who leave like that. If you wanted the money than be up front with Ok St. It’s a selfish move that puts them in a hole now.

1 Like

This is a board of opinions. I respect yours.

1 Like

Fair enough, I have a strong opinion on this one (or loud haha), but definitely not trying to argue on it. Just bothers me when people do this in any profession.

His stock was not as high last season. I’m sure he gave Okie St the chance to match Illinois’ offer and they probably refused.

These things are going to happen when there’s this much money on the table. There’s no absolute moral difference between leaving after year 1 vs year 4 or whatever. It’s subjective.

1 Like

Yeah, wasn’t it floating around that Illinois had something like 25 mill to spend on a coach? I dont like when coaches up and leave out of nowhere, but if he’'s about to make 2x or 3x more money, it’s hard to fault the guy.

Underwood finished first in his conference three straight years at SFA. Groce never finished higher than third at Ohio, just had a guard who got hot for a couple weeks in the conference tourney and first weekend. Much better hire than Groce. Think it’s a good pick by Illinois. Unless you thought they were going to get maybe Marshall or Bennett, and I’m not sure why you would, not sure they could’ve expected any better.

So you don’t get mad if Harbaugh left after his first year to chase more money in the NFL?