Big Ten Discussion

One of the big ten analysts just asked a Rutgers player “did you feel like at any point Ohio St didn’t want to be here?”

That’s such a horrible question and classless toward Rutgers. So you only won because they didn’t want to play? No wonder there was a long quiet pause before the answer.

2 Likes

Caught that. Geesh.

1 Like

Right? That pause before answering said it all

1 Like

Thank you. Beilein was commenting the other day about the cyclical nature of many programs today. A program builds itself to be very competitive for a few years and then almost has to rebuild. I don’t entirely buy that but I acknowledge that it’s hard as hell to dodge the impact of early entrants, transfers, key injuries, etc.

1 Like

It was totally condescending of the interviewer to ask that question of the Rutgers player. Rutgers went out and won that game. How about helping the player illuminate why they did?

Absolutely true.

2 Likes

I thought it was a little weird for the OSU AD to issue the statement before the game. Kind of suggested the season was over already.

1 Like

Agreed! It was also an insult to OSU. You can’t insinuate they quit like that. That’s a put down to them as well.

2 Likes

They said it again after the Rutgers player wad one being interviewed. If you have a statement that says as much, that’s different. They didn’t. Not cool at all.

Yes, when you’re down, nothing seems to go well. Just having to have it said at all is disturbing. Maybe because Matta said what he said about the recruit mentioning Thad was going to die, the AD felt he should get ahead of the process a little. Who knows?

Kind of just feel bad for Rutgers, right now. It looks like every 2nd round game will likely be decided by 20+ points. Am I crazy for thinking that seeds 5-8 are just as dangerous as 2-4, in this tournament (still think Purdue are the cream of the crop)?

I honestly believe purdue and us are the top teams. We are so much better then our record shows. Tons of tight losses versus good teams. We are a top 20 team

1 Like

I really hope we clean it up for tomorrow. We had two massive scoring droughts with lazy, sloppy offense. We can and need to do much better against Purdue and in the tourney. Need to post up or drive to the basket/ get to the foul line in those moments do its a 2 minute drought not a five minute. Let’s go boys.

Also wish belein used the bench way more today. It’s a tough run to make. We need guys fresh. Would have loved to see the bench guys play 15-20 each. Didn’t seem like they were out there even Duncan

Watching all-B1G Nate Mason chucking up ill-advised, mid-range bricks just has me shaking my head. He won because occasionally those go in? He’s a good player and Minnesota is a good story, but Derrick’s snub is going to stick with me, just detracting from the validity of the whole process.

How Nick Ward didn’t make the all-freshman team is also beyond me. Just a joke.

2 Likes

Looks like we get another crack at Minnesota and 1st team all Big Ten point guard Nate Mason.

Would like to think that Walton would be fired up for that matchup but I just don’t know if he or any of them have that much left. Walton looked especially gassed today and Michigan barely ran any offense thru him in the second half.

no Akeem Springs… too bad for the kid…

“Minnesota coach Richard Pitino said team doctors believe Akeem Springs may have torn his Achilles in the win over Michigan State, adding “its not looking good” for his return. The Gophers play Michigan in the Big Ten semifinals on Saturday.”

Share
Tweet
@Email

13m

2 Likes

Northwestern is looking like a team that might make some noise in the NCAAT.

That was a weird end of the game. Maryland gave up with a minute left. Even hit a three to cut it to 8 with 36ish seconds left and didn’t foul. I don’t understand that at all. Oh well northwestern winning was good for Michigan. If they can get past Minnesota, I like them to beat either of Wisconsin or northwestern in the final. Maryland was only a worry bc of the home court advantage.

One other thought. Gotta think attendance is gonna be awful this weekend in dc. Michigan is the closest school left in it!

Ticket prices plummeted after the Maryland loss.

1 Like

I thought he looked scared late to go get the ball and take the big look. So did everyone but zak.

Also why wasn’t moe in late? Did he foul out and I missed it? When we were struggling late to score, I kept wondering why moe wasn’t coming in for at least his offense. He’s a great weapon and we know he wouldn’t shy away from a big shot or trying to make a play.