Big Ten Discussion

Melo Trimble is willing his team to a competitive game at Kohl right now. One of the most impressive performances I’ve seen in a long time. He has 27 with 7 minutes left and has scored 10 straight by himself

Eron Harris officially out for the season. Leaves MSU with Ellis, Langford and McQuaid as their wings.

1 Like

Our conference losses: @Iowa by 3, Maryland by 7, @Illinois by 16 (and it wasn’t that close), @ Wisconsin by 4, @MSU by 8, OSU by 4. ONE loss by double digits

I cant forgive the refs for making the sweep of Wisconsin infinitely more difficult than it should’ve been. One of sweeping Wiscy, beating Maryland (and not missing out on a home win), or not sleep walking against a terrible OSU team on our home floor would, IMO, change the perception of this team, and we missed out on achieving just one of those by an average of 5 points. The bubble would also be a distant fear. Ugh.

1 Like

Re Harris, that sucks any time, but what a crappy way to end senior year.

1 Like

In revisiting the Spike argument I have to say while I do miss Spike and he would have perhaps helped incrementally this season, the experience/run that X is getting will prove invaluable for the next few years. JB made the right call.

But I will be sad watching Spike play against us.

3 Likes

I have to agree and admit that things have worked out in a such a way that not having Spike is not totally regretful.

However, we have been very very healthy this year. An injury to Walton would have been completely devastating.

All things considered, I still would have tried very hard to bring Spike back. He is not shooting well but the offensive flow is amazing with Spike in the game.

Not having Spike around as a backup was a pretty big risk, imo…

I’m looking at the standings. Man if we pulled that minny game out we’d be looking good! Northwestern and minny but northwestern in particular have real tough schedules left. If Illinois holds on I could them losing 4 straight.

We could easily move up two spots. But damn that minny gave really would have helped. Not to mention a second solid road win.

I have thought all year long that Maryland and Northwestern are a little overrated. Good, but not that good. I think we are better than both MSU and Minnesota. We win at Minnesota and we had a real shot at 4th place.
There are no easy games in the B1G.

Very frustrated

How do the tiebreakers work for the conference tournament if they split head to head?

Pretty sure if it’s more than 2 teams tied, they take the head to head winning percentage of the teams tied.

If it’s two teams tied that split, believe it’s winning percentage against the first place team.

1 Like

lol @ Tom Crean. Lost 7 of 8 and still have Northwestern (hungry for some wins to legitimize their first tourney appearance), @ Purdue where they’ll get destroyed, and @ OSU.

They were #3 in the country a month into the season too. Crazy

1 Like

IU and MSU are finding out what we went through the last two years.

Wow I’m shocked the Hoosiers lost that game. I reAlly thought they were going to turn it up and win out. Early yesterday it looked that way. Wow

They started the game on fire and then went into one of their slumps. They pretty much fell apart in overtime.
IU is weak on defense, turns the ball over way too much and spends too much time passing the ball around the perimeter.
Their biggest problem is internal. It is pretty bad when the announcers talk about it on air. So glad we didn’t sign some of those guys.

1 Like

I thought they’d win out, in the other thread I mentioned betting big on them on Sunday versus northwestern playing for their lives now I’m not sure.

I still can’t get over the refs in minny or Wisconsin. Yes we blew the minny game still but those two were easy wins with normal refs. Now we’re fighting for are lives again instead of sitting pretty. We could have been the 4 or 5 so easy. That minny loss burns so bad. God how did we lose that. Maars ft man. Plus they had a bad few possessions to start ot. That was our game. Most frustrating season ever

1 Like

Start to the Minny game seemed sluggish or at least out of sync. Guys were catching the ball not expecting to shoot. The shots that they put up seemed forced until Mo heated up from deep.

By the time OT rolled around, I think the team was drained. Still sucks. The flops and phantom tech still annoy the hell outta me. Still a winnable game.

Minny is putting it to the Terps in MD. They’re going to go to 21-7 and 9-6 with home games against PSU and Nebraska coming up. Not the season I expected from little Richie Pitino’s squad.