Big Ten Discussion

“unspecified players” - except he said juniors and his backcourt are all juniors who laid an egg today. I have a feeling Blackmon and Crean probably clash often.

Yep – no secret that he was talking about Blackmon and Johnson.

1 Like

As I remember Blackmon had a little trash talk for Michigan when he picked Indiana. Looks like the Wolverines got the last word this season.

1 Like

This season? Or for good? At this point I’d expect Blackmon to see what professional opportunities are available.

1 Like

Well I didn’t want to get ahead of myself. :wink:

1 Like

He is going to have to finish stronger than he has been playing since the first UM game for him to get good reports from the NBA. However, bridges may have already been burned at IU.

In Europe or the 2nd round. He doesn’t have 1st round knees.

Yeah, I just don’t think he has another college season in him either. Not saying I think he’s a first round pick.

I think that Random Euro Team must seem so much more appealing than another season on Tom Crean’s sinking ship.

1 Like
1 Like

Stop playing with my hope…

2 Likes

I want him at 100%. We can beat them.

Europe? Not even. Blackmon will be playing in Tehran in no time with bombs going off all around him

1 Like

Probably still early… but almost time to start thinking about Big Ten Tournament seeding. This is always one of my favorite sites to generate brackets:

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

Using his base win probabilities you get this:

Tough tradeoff between playing MD in a virtual home game or Purdue. Best to just get to #5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to think that MSU has the inside track to the 5 because they have more winnable games. I see them getting to 10-8 before Michigan at this point.

9-9 tiebreaker looks like it would come down to record against #1 teams… To get to 9-9 Michigan would probably have a win in that column.

1 Like

Ugh, I hope we can get out of Purdue’s section. We’ll obviously see what happens when we face them but I don’t like the match up on paper.

1 Like

The article says Koenig isn’t expected to miss any game action. Just resting him, sounds like.

The 5 seed would be awesome in this. Two winnable Big Ten tournament games instead of a likely 1-1.

2 Likes

Hmmm, really? I don’t know why, but I feel like we’re going to finish really strong. Have a feeling we beat Wisconsin and finish 4-2 and maybe even 5-1 down the stretch.

1 Like