Big Ten Discussion

I remember being a fan of Boudreaux when we were recruiting him.

1 Like

and a waste scholarship to Robinson

Good get for them. We recruited him a bit outta high school.

Jaren Jackson declares for the NBA draft

7 Likes

Tony Carr is also off to the NBA

6 Likes

Off to the NBA or testing the waters?

Edit: never mind, I got an article. That kinda sucks for the strength of the conference next year.

Hired an agent

Feels like the Big Ten canā€™t catch any breaks on early departures. Carr and Jackson staying would have elevated those teams for sure. Carr especially. Wagner is in a a similar situation to Carr in that theyā€™ve accomplished about as much as they can in college and their draft stock probably wonā€™t improve much

1 Like

This might be the worst case scenario for PSU, who will probably miss the tourney again next year but be good enough their AD might keep Chambers around.

2 Likes

I think Wagner could improve his game a lot if he comes back. I do not think heā€™s coming back.

If he could develop a dominant post game, improve his D, and rebound even better, see Loyola game, he could be best Big in the country. I think he could raise his stock considerably.

1 Like

I was at least 50/50 that he would come back even just a few weeks ago. Iā€™m now down to 20/80 or 30/70 at best. BUT, Iā€™ve been reading lately that the 2019 draft is projected to be dismally weak, soā€¦you never know. He does seem to love college basketball, his teammates, MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, and I think he and Coach B have developed a special relationship. On the other hand JB will give him the best advice possible, unlike another coach we know. If he is truly projected to be a first round pick, and more and more folks are projecting that, then he probably will go this year. If that happens, Iā€™ll certainly wish him all the prosperity and happiness in the world. He certainly has provided us with a lot of joy and happiness. I hope he has a GREAT performance tonight, and then, let the chips fall where they may.

1 Like

I think he would improve his game by coming back. But he would not improve his draft stock.

4 Likes

It actually might, IF next yearā€™s draft is as weak as they say it might be. However, would it improve it enough to make it worth taking a chance? Hmmmā€¦I donā€™t know.

Yes, but he could improve it faster in the NBA.

1 Like

I think it might depend on playing time. If he goes to a team that focuses on defense and heā€™s able to get that tutelage and get chances to improve it on the floor - whether itā€™s in the NBA or the G league - I agree. If not, another year of Yaklich would help him with his game. But I donā€™t think itā€™ll significantly affect his stock.

If I were him, Iā€™d probably leave.

1 Like

If we win the national championship, I would go if I was Moe. If we lose, and Iā€™m Moe and I love college and the team we have coming backā€¦I might come back

According to Maryland boards, Bruno Fernando is gonna declare for the draft and thereā€™s a very strong chance he stays in.

4 Likes

Sheesh, the Big Ten is gonna be quite weak again IMO.

1 Like

Looks like itā€™ll be even worse than this past year.

Honestly, Michigan and MSU (assuming Ward comes back, which is not a given) are the only teams capable of getting better than a 6 seed IMO. In fact, those are the only teams Iā€™d feel confident of predicting an NCAA tournament bid at this point. Havenā€™t done a deep dive into it, just off the top of my head right now.

Surprised at the results of Dylanā€™s quick survey on twitter today.

17/18 MSU >> 18/19 MSU
17/18 Purdue >>> 18/19 Purdue
17/18 OSU >> 18/19 OSU
17/18 Nebraska = 18/19 Nebraska
17/18 Michigan > 18/19 Michigan
17/18 Penn St > 18/19 Penn St
17/18 Indiana << 18/19 Indiana
17/18 Maryland < 18/19 Maryland
17/18 Wisconsin < 18/19 Wisconsin
17/18 N/W < 18/19 Nā€™W
17/18 Minnesota < 18/19 Minnesota
17/18 Illinois = 18/19 Illinois
17/18 Iowa < 18/19 Iowa
17/18 Rutgers = 18/19 Rutgers

I think we will have better depth in the conference next year, but wonā€™t have many very good teams. We had 3 legit top 10 teams in Purdue, MSU and Michigan this past year and a top 20 in OSU. I donā€™t see anything close to resembling that next season.

1 Like

Well if Mo comes back 17/18 Michigan < 18/19 Michigan

:slight_smile:

3 Likes