Big Ten Discussion

And maybe become a Michigan fan in the process?

1 Like

I can certainly confirm Ghost is not a troll. One of the most objective, thoughtful, sports fans I interact with regardless of team affiliation. Heā€™s a great addition to the board

1 Like

I am a fan of Michigan. (I even have an all time favorite Michigan player)
Iā€™m a fan of competition.
I have an appreciation of and deep respect for UM Athletics.
I grew up 35 minutes north of Columbus up Route 23 so it is difficult not to have an allegiance to Ohio State because itā€™s deeply ingrained, but I got rid of the stupidity of hate many years back and Iā€™m attempting to go the opposite direction every day.

2 Likes

Hi Matt! Thank you for the bonafides.
Youā€™ve taught me objectivity and to be thoughtful.
Iā€™m the student.

Watching OSU MSU and while I do not think OSU is a tourney team or will finish near the top half of the big ten they are not to be taken lightly. As for MSU it depends if you get them on a good day or a bad day.

It depends on whether or not Ward is getting touches, IMO

Ward touches have declined since Bridges return.

OSU POISED TO WIN THIS GAME WITH 1:06 to go.

This MSU/OSU game has been so sloppy from both teams. Lyle playing the game of his life has been the big difference.

MSU crunch time lineup features McQuiad, Ellis and Tum. Curious how long that lasts.

And sadly, I feel like both teams are going to light us up from three.

We basically have to expect that it will happen, until it doesnā€™t and the world starts making sense again.

1 Like

Where else have you interacted with him?

OSU boards of all varieties. I frequent those establiments at all hours of the day.

Would you like to join us?

Lolā€¦ no.

1 Like

Figured Iā€™d extend some hospitality to a fellow M alum/fan. Would love to have you

I think Iā€™d find very little enjoyable about that, but thanks for the offer.

1 Like

Wait, people think Ghost is a troll? lol. The guy is one of the most respectful tweeters in the B1G basketball community. Also has a wealth of knowledge about B1G basketball going back decades and a scouts eye.

Who all has said that they think he is a troll?

My mistake if that isnā€™t what was being implied

Today was an anomaly from three for OSU. Itā€™s one game out of five. I know you all are doubting your defense but until the Buckeyes actually hit those same shots against UM it would be the last thing I would worry about if I were you.

Full disclosure. You can find me on twitter. Same handle as here. Iā€™ve started a blog of the same name. Just for fun. Nothing serious. Is likely the only Ohio State basketball blog out there and it isnā€™t anything special. Still trying to figure out whatā€™s possible with the time I have.

Anyway, got to know both guestavo and MattD on twitter. Theyā€™ve been great to get to know a small bitā€¦

Think a difference in Ohio Stateā€™s play today was a no rules practice Matta and his coaching staff put in place. Buckeyes have been concerned about looking pretty instead of competing. As a result, I saw a difference in their attitude today.

Curious if youā€™ve been following Michiganā€™s season close enough to weigh-in on the 3pt defense debate. I really appreciate non-fanbase opinions, which tend to fall under the extremes.

My opinion: Clearly the entire defense is broken, but this particular point is of great frustration to me, if only because I believe deterring teams from taking 3pt shots (the highest efficiency shot, behind dunks, right?)ā€“and the effort put into learning how to play that type of defenseā€“should be paying off. As a fan, I get pretty frustrated when teams are making these shots that they, in theory, should be missing merely by chance; I can only imagine the frustration as a player.