Big Ten Discussion

Now 27-8 and MSU looks rattled.

Northwestern canā€™t miss from three. But they are also getting some easy baskets against state. All of this without arguably their best player in mcintosh. Might be one of those days for state.

All-time hilarious made three from Northwestern. An absolutely horrible brick that just completely died on the back of the rim and rolled in.

Iā€™d be so frustrated if I was a Northwestern fan. Clearly this team has talent and the entire big ten is down. 15-12 is a disgrace for them

I think the big ten is much more talented than it showed. Unfortunately there is no way to prove that after a dud non conference. Iā€™d still take northwestern right now heads up versus some big 12 and sec teams. Big 12 always gets overhyped and they almost always falter outside of Kansas. I predict it will happen again.

Northwestern hasnā€™t scored over 61 points in a game in almost a month. Shelve McIntosh and their first half offense against MSU D looks unstoppable. College bb!!

Skellyā€™s face after that and-1 showed he couldnt even believe how well he is playing

1 Like

Yea as skellys face shows, this half is much more about northwestern having an out of body experience than it is the talent on northwestern. Not that northwestern has no talent but they are in the bottom half of the big ten in terms of talent.

Hell of a half.

I know heā€™s having a bad game today, but I have no clue why an NBA team would waste a lottery pick on Bridges.

What is he gonna do well in the NBA?

Well, McIntosh does have a sub 90 offensive rating in conference play.

1 Like

Not a fan of his, (but a lot of people are) who couldā€™ve seen this coming?

MSU blowing their chance at a sole claim to conference title. Though I hope we do them a favor tomorrow.

He is basically a slightly better shooting but less on ball defense, version of Stanley Johnson. Could be a very useful piece as a fourth option type guy but hard to envision him being a top three guy on any type of contender.

Definitely should have gone pro last season as he is putting up pretty much the same numbers as last year but he has given scouts more film to dissect his weaknesses. Maybe he goes off in the tournament and some team falls in love but otherwise he has to be a backend lottery or high teen pick.

Way better than Stanley because of his shooting and athleticism tools

1 Like

Heā€™s turning into a smaller version of that turnover machine notorious chucker Josh Smith.

He is definitely a better offensive player than Johnson but I wouldnā€™t say he is any more athletic. Particularly laterally where Johnson is pretty good. I havnt seen a thing that tells me bridges can guard anyone. He is an ok off ball shot blocker but thatā€™s about it.

1 Like

Northwestern better be careful here. Pace is picking up and they are no longer making shots with their eyes closed.

MSU defense much better this half. Nā€™W not getting a lot of good looks this half.

Youā€™d think they were in EL with this crowd.

1 Like

And MSU cant miss