Big Ten Discussion

That is unbelievable. Thank goodness we’re going to a 20-game schedule next year. (I’d even be in favor of 22 games.)

1 Like

Just got home. This OSU PSU game is a shocker. I thought PSU might beat them, but not by 20. Wow.

On a side note, I would be embarrassed if Michigan students ever stormed the court after a home win again.

Just going to make my 20th post about how all we needed was Purdue to play at a mortal level against us, and we would likely be a top 10-15 team.

5 Likes

When was the last time we stormed the court? I can’t remember any court stormings since I became a fan of the team in 2012. Amaker era?

Duke win I believe they did. Sadly, I think they did after beating UCONN. (Uconn just came off winning it all but I believe made the NIT that year.)

Think it was 2008 and 2009 respectively.

1 Like

How do the tiebreakers break out between MSU, Purdue and Ohio State?

OSU has the h2h with MSU.
MSU has the h2h with Purdue.
OSU has the h2h with Purdue.
OSU would win a 3-way tie.

It’s simply OSU > MSU > Purdue due to H2H

Yup, Duke win we did and it was fantastic, deserved, and good. UCONN was like #18 or something and had already lost two previous games that week that would unrank them, it was rather embarrassing.

I disagree on us never doing it again. Beat a top 10 team to win the Big Ten at home in some season and I say let them have their fun.

2 Likes

My point is eventually you want to have a program that no matter who you beat you don’t storm the court…If we beat a rival like OSU or MSU to win a conference title in the last game of the year then maaaaaybe. Other than that, I’d hope to be above it. Kids will be kids though…

1 Like

why would you be embarrassed

3 Likes

Give the refs a 30 second call clock with a loud gong at the end.

2 Likes

Some arenas already play the Jeopardy! theme, just make that the official count. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not 2005 anymore. I think beating top programs should be the expectation at Michigan, not the exception.

Having stormed the court in the Amaker years. It’s great if it happens organically. If the students are so excited by a w, then they should do it. Don’t harass players, don’t punch people, but the passion is what makes college hoops so great.

3 Likes

Everyone’s stormed the court—even the blue bloods. Let the kids have fun (hopefully safely).

From a while ago, but still applies: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/10/23/7040671/college-basketball-court-storing-2014-2015

1 Like

Is there a snow storm in Iowa? The arena looks empty.

Edit: it is in fact snowing in Iowa, but the small crowd doesn’t seem to bother the Hawkeyes. They are 7 for 7 from the floor including 3 three pointers.

Doubt it continues but I feel a little better about michigans offensive struggle against the northwestern zone in the second half. State has gone about four minutes without threatening to get a good shot against the zone. Northwestern is also shooting out of their mind right now and lead 20-6.

MSU better hope they don’t see a zone in the NCAA Tournament.