Big Ten Discussion

Really interested to see how Penn State plays tonight. If they can win tonight, they might actually have better opportunities than Nebraska to craft a NCAA tournament-quality resume down the stretch.

1 Like

donā€™t tell Nebraska fans that

Neither team is in as of now.

Penn State now plays OSU and Purdue, so they have a chance to make the case.

1 Like

Penn State is dangerous. Illinois was horrible last night. Iā€™m not sure Underwood hasnā€™t lost them. They canā€™t make shots, which IS what it is, but at times I didnā€™t know what they were trying to do on offense. There were stretches where they really didnā€™t play defense, and some of the players were really not hustling at all. Underwood has to be wondering, ā€œWhat on earth did I get myself in for?ā€

1 Like

We remained in the AP poll at #22.

2 Likes

Very surprised they stayed in the poll. I love it though. I FULLY understand itā€™s meaningless, but itā€™s nice to filter to the top 25 scores and see them in there.

2 Likes

Everyone around us pretty much also go 1-1 every week so it doesnā€™t lead to much movement. A sweep this week would be HUGE for us and likely put Michigan anywhere from 15-18.

4 Likes

He got himself into the biggest payday of his career. Regardless of what happens, he went from $300K/y to 3,000K/y in the span of two off-seasons. And a 3M buyout. Good enough for government work.
That said, give him a chance to get some players, that roster is Groceā€™s work.

2 Likes

I hear ya! Still, Iā€™m guessing he was pulling his hair out! I did see him laugh, however, when he was talking to Steratore in the second half! I think it was one of those, if I donā€™t laugh, I might cry scenarios, or else just go completely wacko on his guys. His kids really did seem to quit, I thought. Weā€™ll see where they go from here. I DO think heā€™s a pretty good coach. Hope the fans are patient with him.

Random post hereā€¦

Coach B is unique(in a good way)ā€¦he says his guys have ā€œbad habitsā€. Most coaches only say, they arenā€™t tough enough, didnā€™t have energy, effort, blah, blah, blah. I have a lifetime of watching bball and coach B is special.

CM - His D, rebounding, scoring inside, and hustle is great to watch but I thought he would develop offensively as the season went on and, maybe, he still will. Iā€™m hoping the young man makes a big jump next year (kind of like a freshman to sophomore improvement). Would love to see the young man reach his potential.

1 Like

Actually, I just checked and according to the Chicago Tribune, ā€œUnderwood had a 5 year, $6.3 million deal, but was only paid a modest one million dollars in 2016-17ā€ But I get your point about making a lot more money at Illinois. I hadnā€™t really thought about that 'cause Iā€™m a guy that really doesnā€™t care a whole lot about money. :grinning:

1 Like

He was making 300K at SFA.

1 Like

OK, so he went from $300k at SFA to $1 million his first year at OSU on a five year, $6.3 million contract, then jumped to Illinois for $3 million per. Probably doesnā€™t care a whole lot about how his team plays because heā€™s rolling in the dough. :rofl: Seriously, though, good for him. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll get it straightened out at Illinois. I know there are those who think heā€™s a pretty good coach.

Maryland at Nebraska tonight is a fascinating game for the middle of the league. Nebraska really canā€™t afford to lose. A lot of Big Ten games are also banking on their wins at Maryland being worth something so rooting for Terps to finish strong.

if Maryland goes 1-3 down the stretch they would have an RPI around 77 per RPIForecastā€¦ tier 2 win for teams like Michigan and MSU. Food for thought.

1 Like

Neither team can afford to lose tonight.

Letā€™s Go Terps!

Who are ya going with? Nebraska -1.5 or taking the points.

Also, on the same note regarding quadrant wins, root for Iowa as well. (After tomorrow obviously) Theyā€™re right on the border of being considered a quadrant two win.

1 Like

Letā€™s roll with:
NEB ML
MSU -9.5
NW -3.5

2 Likes

I know it cant be this simple, but why not really super overplay Palmer Jrā€™s right hand? Teams do it to CM, and should do it to MAAR more. I get heā€™s good enough to take it with his left every once in a while, and a much better handler than CM, but the right-handed dominance is so apparent