Big Ten Discussion

Looks to me the B1G is shit at the top, but deep in 7-12 seed, bubble teams.

1 Like

Nebraska is a feel good story to me. I love Miles, and it almost appears that the White transfer was addition by subtraction.

Amazing that Watson is 13-19 from three so far in the conference season. Heckuva backcourt with him and Webster.

3 Likes

Watson looks great.

Yeah, also interesting to see how they react to Big Ten play (after playing such a difficult non-conference schedule) compared to a team like OSU that played a very easy schedule.

1 Like

Yeah, another guy we evaluated closely but never offered. Heā€™s averaging 15.1 a game, went for 34 last night. His assist numbers are pretty low, but clearly a guy who would help this team and someone we no doubt could have landed. Ugh.

I have zero inside information, but I canā€™t use the phrase ā€œno doubt could have landedā€ for anyone with regards to Michigan.

Couple points on Nebraska:

Steals and threes turning things aroundā€¦ wonder how sustainable that is? Have to suspect the shooting will regress a bit.

Watson is 13-of-19 from three in 3 Big Ten games.

Clearly, we have not been great when it comes to winning recruiting battles against elite teams, but thereā€™s no way we would have lost a head to head battle with Nebraska for anyone.

We lost Dozier to S Carolina and Grantham to Clemson. Donā€™t think itā€™s that far of a stretch to say we could lose to NB.

2 Likes

Well, Dozier was a pretty unique case, in that he had family members who played at SC and thatā€™s where he was from. As I recall, his other finalists included Georgetown and UNC. Grantham is a fair point, though he was an East Coast kid and Clemson is at least a somewhat better program than Nebraska.

Sure, anything is possible, but I think itā€™s highly likely that if we had wanted Watson (or frankly, if any other, better Big Ten program had wanted him, like a Purdue, Illinois, or the like), he wouldnā€™t be at Nebraska.

1 Like

Letā€™s keep focusing on the 2016-17 Big Ten season here, rather than re-hashing old recruitments.

Another halftime lead for Penn State (12 pts)ā€¦ Curious if they can close this one out at the Palestra vs. MSU.

Watkins and Stevens are a nice injection of talent in the post for PSU.

Love Lamar Stevensā€¦ Watkins redshirted last year but man he seems way better than Jordan Dickerson or Donovan Jack last year.

Carr showed some go today too. Good bounce back from all of those ridiculous shots against us.

They have some nice Frosh pieces.

Iā€™ll tell you this, they might add Dwayne Cohill. If that happens their backcourt is going to be scary in the future.

Really? Cohill should have a lot of options going forward. That kid can play.

Now that heā€™s not coming here I can say a bit more. Texas is the dream school, but M was the co-leader along with PSU.

Michigan State looked awful today, starting with Winston.

Winston looked really bad.