Best Moments Under Beilein

I think questioning people’s hearts is a questionable exercise.

1 Like

To an extent you are right.

I think you can do it though. There’s a passionate desire to be the best. Some people have that desire and it takes control of them (for better or worse). Some people do not. I think you can tell a lot about that person’s desire by their body language on the basketball floor.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the greatest basketball players in history are also some of the most emotional on the court. Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Curry, Shaq, Isiah, Bird, Magic etc. there are exceptions of course. Duncan comes to mind though he has his moments.

Some players want it more than others and I believe you can physically see it.

Of course some players are just better than others too. I totally understand that.

i think play shows heart…LOL

Zak Irvin wins second MVP award. Will have a chance to make it 3 in a row next year.

That has nothing to do with this thread.

Hows the video coming along?

@tarverine how is this coming along? Pretty pumped to see this!

This coming along?

sorry wrong thread

Probably has something to do with the thread being from spring of 2016

Ducan’s dagger against Florida State when he spun back to the bench…

literally just laugh at how fun this moment was and Beilein’s reaction is great too

3 Likes

Too soon. The wounds are fresh. Let’s revisit this later in the summer :joy:

1 Like

Yeah and now people think this is still happening because they’re not reading the damn dates lol.

Ha…I was totally confused how nobody had more recent games/moments…

Moe putting Ward on the floor
Teske’s dunk against Purdue and X’s mean mug
Poole’s shot vs Houston
Etc

2 Likes

I read through a dozen posts before I realized most of them were from three years ago. YouTube is on top of things though. When I watched the videos, the lead in advertisement video was for Cleveland Cavaliers gear. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound! :confounded:

I know this isn’t on topic but I am still trying to get past Beilien’s worst moment. How not to leave a job. One of the most bizarre things I have seen from a guy who does everything so precisely and positively.

I still don’t understand this take. He sent personalized texts to players as soon as news broke. Does it suck that everyone found out via media first? Sure, but the news broke absurdly early thanks to the prowess of Woj. Not sure how JB could’ve done things differently in this case. It seems Beilein was planning to tell players on Monday. It all happened in one weekend. What should he have done instead?

7 Likes

100% agree. If anything the hate should be on the Woj Bomb (although there shouldn’t be any hate because he’s just doing his job). This is the period where NBA coaches get hired, he gave Warde two weeks notice between the initial “I’m looking around” and actually taking the job, and he told the team right after he took it. Woj’s sources just beat him to it.

3 Likes

Seriously? Do you think he could have asked Gilbert to give him 24 - 48 hours to address his team, his coaches, or maybe inform the Wagner’s? He literally walked out the door. He was done. This program,…see ya. Franz,…who is he? This isn’t the way to leave if you wanted to maintain some semblance of continuity with the program. You will see a big difference when Izzo decides to retire. He won’t just walk out of his office and leave. It makes a big difference. I am the biggest Beilien supporter in this fan base and those from TMI can attest to this. Never once doubted the man. His method of leaving did nothing to help this program and it could have been a lot better.

2 Likes