Best Moments Under Beilein

As a little side project I’m going to create a video compilation of the best (or my favorite) Michigan Basketball moments under John Beilein. I have a list that I made but I want to get your guys’ opinion on games/plays that stand out among the rest.

Here’s what I have so far:
2008 Duke with Manny Harris’ dunk as the highlight.
Darius Morris sends game to overtime vs Kansas.
Stu Douglass 2011 MSU.
Trey Burke steal and dunk 2013 MSU.
Aaron Craft game winner is blocked.
Robinson 360 against Minnesota.
Burke vs Kansas.
Jordan morgan dunk vs syracuse as time expires.
GR3 winner vs Purdue.
Spike solidifies win vs Syracuse 2014.
Chatman game winner vs Indiana.

This was just a quick “in my head” thought process so I’m sure I’m missing some
obvious ones. All help is appreciated!

3 Likes

Gotta add the tournament game vs Tennessee. 8 vs 9 games are usually pretty close. Watching Michigan blow out Tennessee like that, capped off by a trolling Stu Douglass dunk, was fun to watch.

9 Likes

Also the VCU game. All the experts were predicting upset and what they got was a Michigan blowout full of dunks, 3s and fun in front of the palace crowd

5 Likes

Stauskas dagger at Wisconsin
Stauskas first half highlights vs Florida elite 8
Stauskas blowing kisses at Breslin
Stauskas first half buzzer beater vs Illinois from a step inside half court

(Wow I miss Nik Stauskas)

Levert three before half at home vs MSU where he ran to the locker room while the shot was still in the air

8 Likes

Stauskas step back at Wisconsin. Also Stauskas at the Bres against MSU.

Darius Morris “get the F off my court” against MSU too

4 Likes

Darius morris gives instructions to Kalin Lucas at end of home game victory.

9 Likes

Haha looks like many of us are on the same page

5 Likes

Spike’s 17

Burke’s block that was called foul

3 Likes

All of these are great. Holy crap do I miss Stauskas too, buckets12.

1 Like

One of my favorite Stauskas games was @ Illinois

9 Likes

My favorite part about that was the students chanting “USA…USA…USA…” and the announcer exclaiming “Oh Canada!” When he made it. And then of course the stare down.

6 Likes

I think Bucket’s 12 might be the best resource. Damn those are good suggestions. I really loved it when Levert shot the 3 and ran into the locker room.

5 Likes

JMO taking a charge in the tourney vs Tennessee (or Texas don’t remember which one) to seal the game

5 Likes
4 Likes

For JB personally - his coaching/entire gameplan vs. Syracuse 2013 was absolutely superb.

6 Likes

Darius Morris triple double against Iowa capped off with a sweet one handed thread the needle pass from half court past 4 defenders to J-Mo

4 Likes

Anytime a team has tried to press us under JB. It has almost never been a significant problem.

2 Likes

That pass was one of my two or three favorite all-time Michigan hoop moments. You got Rumeal’s free throw, that pass, Burke’s Kansas shot, and that block. That would be my four.

3 Likes

JB’s handling of the Austin Hatch situation was also quite memorable IMO

5 Likes

Austin Hatch’s first career points definitely.

6 Likes