Armstrong State

I liked that stepback move from Ibi. Not convinced it was a push off

1 Like

Defense looks good and more aggressive (with caveat that A state is pint sized).

Offence has hit that trademark first half stagnant spell. Expect this will be an athletically challenged team relative to past years. Itā€™s good that theyā€™re trying to get out in transition but usually pulling back to set up the half court.

Yeah this definitely looks like another year where we are gonna be heavily dependent on the system to get us points.

Ugh rejected by the rim ā€¦ Not a good look.

These refs suck geez. A lot of weird calls both ways.

Defense looks significantly more aggressive, I like it. Walton, Irvin, Wilson look BAD offensively. Nice moves from both Teske and Wagner down low. Want to see more X and Ibi

Iā€™ll post my thoughts after the game.

Quick thoughts
DJ much more aggressive in all facets. Looks like he thinks he belongs.

Iā€™m in agreement that Teske is tall

They have dumped it into the post multiple times.

Irvin is NOT back to his year and a half ago self. Shot looks flat. Missed dunk on break.

Mo looks good

1 Like

Wilson doing a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. His decision making hasnā€™t been good. On the plus side he really moves his feet well on D.

First half observations:

Irvin looks flat mentally and not explosive at all.

Very impressed with DJ and Wagner.

Lonergan played very well all around. I would not be surprised if he contributed this year. Good call Orion.

Disappointed we did not see more X.

Four Factors so far

This broadcaster seems to think that every layup is a finger roll.

Final Four Factors

Some thoughts from tonight

Great article Dylan. Is there a box score? Saw a lot of great things today and a few things that need work. Watson is going to be a good player and Iā€™ve been saying it awhile now. Loved his play making. Exhibition game I know but 9 rebounds for Wilson is huge. I like how things are looking for our younger guys. Iā€™m not sure why Irvin and Walton looked off but looking at their stats and Iā€™d take that every night from them two. Not overly excited but I saw a lot of things I liked.

Thank you sir

If Duncan struggles shooting like he did most of big ten play he needs to ride the pine. Always leads me back to wishing we had Aubrey. Duncanā€™s d is below average as well. Really hope he finds his stroke.

Iā€™m very concerned about Irvin and Walton still. I really think maar and Wagner need to be the focus or at least get similar amount of shots.

Love Watson. Ever since his last film from high school Iā€™m convinced heā€™s a steal. Like hearing this about teske too.

1 Like