2019 Recruiting Notes

Blessed to receive a offer from The University of Michigan!!:white_circle:#GoBlue https://t.co/5oxFrlAiDI

If true to form, then he has visited. No offer without a visit as we all know.

Offer is there if he visits. Kid could see that as an offer. We just don’t know. Or maybe, he has already visited.

1 Like

That kid gets UP! Would love to land this kid

News on DJ Carton, 2019 PG

Michigan will host Rivals150 2019 @QuadCityElite guard DJ Carton next Saturday for an unofficial visit@Balas_Wolverine

— Corey Evans (@coreyevans_10) September 8, 2017

This is interesting considering his Dad was hired by SMU

Walk on?

1 Like
5 Likes

Stay all over Beverly. Hugely talented kid who is going to explode going forward.

I know that we have a “full” roster for 2019 already, but think this is a guy that we should really be pursuing as well. He has much potential as anyone else in the state and it doesnt seem to be a foregone conclusion that he is green. I love being able to say that we are winning battles in Michigan for the best players in the state.

3 Likes

I would expect Michigan to continue recruiting for 2019. There will be attrition of some sort in the next year, just hard to say where.

I assume we would continue recruiting it as well… hence the quotes around full.

Yeah… just an interesting situation here for a bit. Sort of in a holding pattern I’d guess, can really evaluate the situation. Probably evaluate the roster early this year, even tracking some of the 2018 kids in HS.

Very interesting situation and one that I am actually pretty hopeful and optimistic about. As you have mentioned before, we arent likely to oversign by more than one player. That means at this stage we are assuming a class of 1 for '19 (I know, likely more attrition than one spot) and if that is the case, JB can swing for the fences. Basically have a very high threshold for who you will take. If we can land 5*/instant impact guy to the class of 19 that can really “hunt” we will have a seriously dangerous team that season. If we miss and dont get anything, we still have a deep and loaded team that can do some damage

2 Likes

Need ISO guy in the WORST way going forward. Beverly could develop into that kind of future talent. Stay all over that kid.

1 Like

Agreed, would love to see them get a high end playmaker with the ball. Really interested to see who they stay on.

Couldn’t find the tweet again but Saddi was out to see Jamie Jacquez on the West Coast awhile ago.

Also EJ Liddell, big man says in article below he has talked to JB a couple of times.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3955

1 Like