2019 Recruiting Notes

How tall? His game reminds me a bit of Bonzi Wells, though I have no idea if he can shoot or if he does all his scoring around the block. Active, springy, needs to develop a left hand.

He’s 6-7 but just 14. He has good vision/ handle. He can shoot but he does a lot of his damage on the break/around the rim. His game will develop. His coach was the best shooter I ever met and holds tons of shooting records in his conference at coastal Carolina. So he’s in good hands in developing a jumper. I could see him doing what Thomas Bryant did and leave the area for a prep school like Huntington to face bigger competition. I know he’s coming back to mcquaid this year.

Michigan needs to be on 6’8 1/2 size 17 shoes Taylor Currie from Worthington Christian and All Ohio Red 2019. Ohio state has been to three games this season. Invited him to a couple games. They are pushing hard now Currie came to Practice camp at UM last year. Also attended shooting camping at UM last summer. Michigan has always been his favorite school. Currie MVP last week in NY2LA Sports tournament. West Virginia is recruiting too. Columbus Ohio has been good to UM hoops over the last few years. Currie just got back from an All star trip to Italy were he was outstanding… He has high motor and better days are ahead.

2 Likes

I’ll ask about him zone buster. See what I find out.

Terry Armstrong - One of the best freshman in the country, most likely a top 50 type when rankings are released for 19.

2 Likes

Sounds like a spartan already.

Will definitely be one to watch - high major offers are going to start coming in for this kid

2 Likes

Seems like Michigan is on the rise talent wise again.

One name to watch down the line: Joe Girard III.

Dad played for Beilein at Le Moyne. Same HS as Jimmer Fredette I believe.

1 Like

Believe there’s still a chance Nembhard ends up a 2018 but…

Any guess on what range he’ll be in the rankings when they come out?

Keion Brooks is a super to watch

Quick Nembhard update

Is Michigan showing any interest in RJ Barrett?

I keep touting Isaiah Stewart. He’s gonna be a top fifty kid or close to. I out his videos up a lot last year. He’s getting a lot of high major looks from a lot of good educational universities, I could really see us being the next, plus I’ve said a million times beilein has his ties to upstate ny particularly Rochester, and even more specifically to that high school. Looks to me like he’s gonna develop into a perfect four for our system. Maybe a 5 if he keeps growing. I would not be shocked if we hear his name in the next year or two.

Bielien watched him this past weekend.

2 Likes

Romeo Weems

Rising sophomore Romeo Weems plays with the kind of determination and focus you would expect from a rising senior. Playing for The Family 15U team Weems, who turned 15 in June, did everything but hit a three-pointer on Thursday. Weems attacked the rim, was a good passer on the move and showed good court awareness for a young player. On defense he used footwork and covered lots of ground in the lane. Weems listed early interest from Xavier, Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State.

1 Like

Also on Weems, he’s 6-4, 203 pounds with a 6-11 wingspan according to Nike measurements at DX.

Love Weems. He’ll probably end up being a top 25 player in his class.

I know he’s still maturing and growing, but I didn’t see 6’7"" the three times I saw him play this past winter. He IS extremely long though.

1 Like