2019 Recruiting Notes

I keep touting Isaiah Stewart. He’s gonna be a top fifty kid or close to. I out his videos up a lot last year. He’s getting a lot of high major looks from a lot of good educational universities, I could really see us being the next, plus I’ve said a million times beilein has his ties to upstate ny particularly Rochester, and even more specifically to that high school. Looks to me like he’s gonna develop into a perfect four for our system. Maybe a 5 if he keeps growing. I would not be shocked if we hear his name in the next year or two.

Bielien watched him this past weekend.

2 Likes

Romeo Weems

Rising sophomore Romeo Weems plays with the kind of determination and focus you would expect from a rising senior. Playing for The Family 15U team Weems, who turned 15 in June, did everything but hit a three-pointer on Thursday. Weems attacked the rim, was a good passer on the move and showed good court awareness for a young player. On defense he used footwork and covered lots of ground in the lane. Weems listed early interest from Xavier, Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State.

1 Like

Also on Weems, he’s 6-4, 203 pounds with a 6-11 wingspan according to Nike measurements at DX.

Love Weems. He’ll probably end up being a top 25 player in his class.

I know he’s still maturing and growing, but I didn’t see 6’7"" the three times I saw him play this past winter. He IS extremely long though.

1 Like

Yeah, the Nike measurements have him at 6-4, not 6-7.

Romeo Weems feature

I have a suspicion Nembhard is going to reclassify to 2018 and get recruited by Duke and Kentucky. I think that kid is the real deal. Hope we continue to recruit him hard.

1 Like

Joseph Girard the third listed us as one of the teams showing him interest on his Twitter.

Since we’re probably taking a big in the 2019 class I’m reiterating this should be the guy. Supposedly were watching his aau teammate Girard. This is who we should really be after. Guy will be a game changer.

Rivals rankings

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Nembhard 17, Weems 21

What about Terrys Grades and mental makeup. Heard he hasn’t really got serious about school yet. Doesn’t understand how far it can take him.

1 Like

Comment above still holds true

1 Like

The '19 class has a good chance to be one of my favorite Beilein classes yet. I really like some of the guys we’re solidly in on.

4 Likes