2018 - Wing - Ignas Brazdeikis (Commit)

Not trying to imply that I’m down on him by any means. Just pointing those things out as reasons why a kid who goes for 20 per game on the EYBL circuit isn’t really looked at as a one-and-done or anything like that. I’d say the majority of guys that productive generally are in that thought group.

I don’t worry about production from Iggy, especially if he improves that shot.

1 Like

Yep. I definitely don’t think he’s one-and-done, but could easily be 2- or 3-and-done.

I’m more excited about Iggy than I have been for any recruit since Stauskas. Perfect fit for our offense.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Whoa! Intense. Dog.

Matthews and him on the wing would be funnnnn

He looks leaner than the summer

Barring Mathews blowing up and jumping, which I think is possible, then we should be very good next year. Mathews, ignas, John’s, livers, and Ibi fircthe 3/4 is very versatile and impressive.

I think Mathews with an improved jump shot has to slide to the two a bit. Get your best talent out there. In terms of raw talent next years roster might be beileins best group. It’s scary what could form under his tutelage.

Z. Dejulius
Eli/ poole / Nunez
Mathews/ ignas/ Ibi
Livers/ John’s / castleton
Teske/Davis

I still see Colin playing some center for us with that length. The future trio of ignas, John’s and livers at the 3/4 has me very excited. Best combo of skill and athletes on the wings that I can remember. The future is very bright.

2 Likes

I’ll be a bit surprised if Castleton doesn’t play all (or nearly all) of his minutes at center.

4 Likes

Some nice cred coming for Iggy from Rivals

4 Likes

Words do not really describe how excited I am for Iggy to come in. He looks much thinner than in AAU season and also more explosive and light on his feet. He could be a Big Ten Freshman of the year caliber player who can truly play at the 3 spot with no issue for Michigan the way he has physically improved.

12 Likes

Adding Iggy + Johns to Matthews + Livers…we’ll have some really good 3/4 depth, athleticism, and scoring. Those are some exciting players.

4 Likes

If Wagner is somehow back and a point guard emerges, I’m smelling another big ten title

2 Likes

I’m more concerned about the 5 spot if Wagner leaves which I’m pretty sure will happen. Almost hope we can somehow get a grad transfer in at the 5 spot somehow. Maybe if Matthews declares early or someone transfers out.

I have to believe that the 5 would be the easiest transition in Beilein’s system too.

I think between Teske, Davis and Castleton they will be fine depending on what they want out of the 5 position. They all have different skillsets

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be “pretty sure” Wagner is leaving. He’s not an NBA guy yet. Lots of flaws in his game for that level. He loves AA and knows what a degree would do for him.

But, if he did leave, our 5’s next year would be more than suitable. We wouldn’t rely on them to score as we will/do this year. Our wings will be the scorers. Matthews/Iggy/Liver/Johns, in addition to Brooks and Poole will have caught on by that point. Teske/Davis/CC can play as a forth or fifth offensive option and a solid in the paint D presence. Very similar to what Morgan provided late in his career with Nik and Caris on the wings.

I worry more about PG to be honest. We’ll see how Brooks develops there.

Every time I read an Iggy scouting report this year, I will think about what he’d look like in Michigan’s lineup this year had he reclassified.

4 Likes

Just don’t remind the rest of us each time – that’s mean.

1 Like