2018 - Wing - Ignas Brazdeikis (Commit)

I’m guessing that’s becaus ESPN finally ranked him?

2 Likes

Yup, if Rivals didn’t have rules that make no sense he’d be a fringe top 30 guy due to the consistency in his rating.

1 Like

Looks like he’d be in the 34-41 range of ESPN’s rankings based on his score, although perhaps they won’t actually include him in their top 100.

I heard this morning on WTKA that 247 asked Rivals to rank him for the composite.

1 Like

I hope I am wrong but still not seeing as much upside as most here.

You are very wrong.

1 Like

Iggy has never seen a shot he doesn’t like. 100% scorers mentality. How well it translates to the next level is an open question going forward. Nice prospect though.

1 Like

His offensive rating in EYBL games (21) was 111.9 with a 30.1% usage rate. Those are pretty good numbers for such a high usage rate. Yes, he’s a scorer. But as I pointed out in the video breakdown, he gets to the basket a lot and isn’t just a chucker.

1 Like

Nice prospect. Also a willing rebounder. Hard to predict how his game will translate going forward.

1 Like

His game seems as if he may live at the free throw line which would be a good thing. Not afraid of contact but also knows how to avoid it and finish.

1 Like

The thing I love about Iggy is he checks so many boxes. He might not be elite in any one area but he his very good in almost all categories. This equates to a very good all around college player. With his size, strength, aggressiveness and skill set I really think he will have an immediate impact.

1 Like

Not to mention he plays at Canada’s version of Montverde/IMG and the Canadian national team. He should be prepared for the talent level.

1 Like

Fair to question his upside though. He’ll be almost 20 years old as a freshman and isn’t the best athlete. That doesn’t mean he won’t be productive though.

2 Likes

I think him and Johns fit our team perfectly on the wing… really excited to watch them two.

1 Like

I see him as a guy with ability that will bring aggression and intensity every game. Two things that this team can always use more of.

1 Like

He feels like a shorter McGary, with a better shot, and the same bull your way to the rim mentality.

Mitch was old for a freshman, and wasn’t super athletic (no one’s confusing him for freshman D’Andre Jordan, for example), but was obviously very effective.

1 Like

Since he’s coming here, we’ll find out how tall he really is. Less than 6’8" I would imagine.

His physical shortcomings seem to me more potentially limiting of his NBA potential than his ability to produce in college.

6 Likes

Might differentiate ceiling from upside here, though. Because while he might have less maturing left to do–physically or in his game–if he is a strong player out of the gate and we keep him around that may mean plus-productivity across his career here.

While he isn’t the best athlete, he isn’t a slouch either. While he does seem to put more effort into dunking than other guys his height, he’s got excellent body control and nimble feet. And he’s strong. I expect him to improve especially in 2 areas after he arrives 1) athleticism/strength and conditioning (look at pretty much everyone who goes through Camp Sanderson). He can easily add 4-5 inches on his vertical. 2) Shooting. I think Abdur-Rahkman’s improved shooting is a good example but obviously there are more.

4 Likes