2018 Recruiting Notes

His comments when he confirmed he was returning suggested it will take a pretty sure, no DLeague promise to leave without his degree.

2 Likes

Looks like we have new interest in a shooting guard prospect from North Carolina, who had a huge weekend: http://endlessmotor.net/2017/07/16/rising-2018-guard-nate-hinton-discusses-breakout-july-high-major-offers-pile/

Post withdrawn.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t make the cut for Jake Forrester

2018 top-150 @PSACardinals forward Jake Forrester is down to a final eight of Indiana, Seton Hall, Pitt, ND, GTech, Xavier, VTech & VCU

ā€” Corey Evans (@coreyevans_10) July 29, 2017

I never thought we were really involved with him, and certainly not after Johns committed.

1 Like

Dylan or anyone else, how does Nembhard fit as a PG in 18 with David in the same class, X and Eli already on campus? Obviously bigger than the others but got to think it is a tough sell.

I would love Nembhard but I donā€™t think thereā€™s any way we could sell him on that roster unless a miracle package deal with Barrett started forming

It would be some coup if we could snag Nembhard.

TBH, I doubt he is scared of the PG competition we would have for him. In 2018, weā€™re probably going to bring back 0 guards with any starting experience.

Good point @ReegsShannon , I do think Iā€™ve always overvalued how much recruits may look at our potential roster. I still feel like we were missing out on some wing prospects a few years ago because they looked at our lineup and saw stauskas Levert and Irvin as big minutes eaters before Nik went pro.

But Iā€™m also extremely high on Poole to the point that I think he takes the bulk of the 2G minutes by 2018 and that would leave 3 guys (albeit guys who may not have many combined returning minutes) for Nembhard to beat out for one spot. And I donā€™t think itā€™s too big of an optimistic stretch to think X could be a high-quality starting PG by his third year.

Actually, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Poole was taking the bulk of the 2G minutes by the end of this season. I donā€™t expect it, but it would not surprise me. He may be our best outside scoring threat.

1 Like

Typical JB recruit, saw another article that said he was planning on visiting us.

My hope is we are in on Hintonā€™s teammate Landers Nolley and hope Coach Yaklich has a conection with Zion Griffin from Ilinois who blew up in July.

Post withdrawn

4 posts were split to a new topic: 2018 - Wing - Justin Ahrens (Offer)

What is happening with all these JB offers!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, this is unreal!