2018 Recruiting Notes

Will be an interesting game. Last Rom absolutely dominated Bell

I really like Williams. Those mid season highlights were nice

That is what you call a legit B10 athlete.

Yea I really would love him in that class. Also for 18 we should look at Cali. I really like shaqs son and I like the African center who plays for chino hills. Okunwu or something like that. Shaqs son would be the perfect four for us. Weā€™ve had luck with family members of nba players. We should throw some attention both those kids ways and see what they say. That chino hills center is big time too. He gets lost in the ball shuffle but is very important to what they do.

Also mattd I posted something about a 2019 kid here who is from my area who plays at a school belein plucked a kid from at west va. Plus he has a Rochester/western ny connection anyways. Isaiah Stewart is his name. Thereā€™s some clips posted on YouTube that Iā€™ve posted before.Kid is going to be a beast. I doubt he stays here although he plays in the top league in the area. I could see him going to Huntington or there about doing like Thomas Bryant did. Look that kid up he could be our ideal 4 or 5 soon, id like to hear your thoughts.Maybe coach b could get another kid outta mcquaid.

Iā€™m here watching 18 Darius Bazley. Really versatile game at a legit 6ā€™7

Bazley now playing for King James 16u (Playing for Xā€™s dad). Just a matter of time before he blows up

What tournament is going on right now?

Michigan invitational - mostly Midwest teams. Not a live viewing period so not a huge event.

Just met Q Simpson, great guy and very approachable and personable

1 Like

Have watched Bazley for 2 full games today. I would describe him as an athletic version of Kam Chatman. His passing has been extremely impressive from the high post. Really has a high ceiling.

Rashad Williams (18/SG) buried 4 triples vs King James. He visited UM earlier this year. I see him as more of a mid major type. SG that is only 6-6ā€™1, limited athleticism and doesnā€™t have enough handle or passing to be a PG/combo

Justin Ahrens (18/brother of Kyle at MSU) plays really strongā€¦much like his brother. Didnā€™t see him shoot much from the outside though. Will keep an eye on him

Have to love the friendly banter between Coach Q and the refā€¦the OH/MI thing is always grounds for competiteveness

Pratt - watching Trevion Williams vs King James right now. He can definitely play. Using his body to bully defenders and finish at the rim

1 Like

Foster Loyer

He isnā€™t the biggest point guard, but 5-foot-10 sophomore Foster Loyer from Clarkston (Mich.) High of All Ohio Red Sylvester was quite impressive in the 16U Division. The three-star prospect is a big-time shooter from deep, plays hard and has his head on a swivel. He doesnā€™t lack anything for savvy or competitiveness and listed offers from Michigan State, DePaul and Oakland to go with interest from Indiana, Ohio State and Michigan.

Some footage of Trevion Williams (18/Mi Mustangs) - his handle/change of direction is absolutely ridiculous for a kid that is 6ā€™8 and 300 lbs. I was thoroughly impressed with him yesterday

A few clips of Darius Bazley. Kid looks like a top 50 player IMO

Another clip of Trevion Williams - no look dime from a 6ā€™8, 300lb kid. Bonus, that is Davion Williams absolutely throwing one down on a 6ā€™8 Darius Bazley. I should have a few clips of Williams, that kid is a hell of an athlete at around 6ā€™0.

Lamar Norman 2018 CG from Godwin Heights had a big weekend at Adidas Uprising for 1Nation. Had 33 in a game and 43 in another.

1 Like

Hopefully, Iā€™ll get a chance to cover him this weekend.