2018 Recruiting Notes

Any chance he gets an offer?

Carter went to Washington. Hopkins connection. Damn, wish he was a real target. His slashing and athleticism was sorely needed.

Most sites think Frederick is a wait and see. They will follow during the July evaluation period.

I donā€™t see Fredrick as an offer right now before some of the other names coming in (Tyson, Locke, etc.) for visits over the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

Herd is a new target who says in th article he plans to visit us. Glad to see a few more guard/wing targets. Ty Mosely, 6-5 from Chicago.

1 Like

http://twitter.com/Going_Pro/status/876104311431979009

1 Like

Thatā€™s big for Gabe. Good for him.

1 Like

Does MSU offer every in state kid?

4 Likes

ā€¦and are those actionable offers?

3 Likes

Any chance he gets an offer in your opinion?

Just watched a bit of film. Looks like more of an off guard to me, especially considering his size. Doesnā€™t look like a guy you would rush to offer I donā€™t think. Iā€™d have to see more film.

Heā€™s a top 100 SG on Scout (#87 overall). Seems like a more accurate position than calling him a PG

He recently visited Illinois but wasnā€™t offered, FWIW.

Gabe Brown to MSU

https://twitter.com/Going_Pro/status/877286689064005632

Wow, I kinda thought that their offer was more of an ā€œoffer.ā€ Good for him.

1 Like

Donā€™t think you can half offer a guy who is waiting so badly for that in-state offer, thought once MSU offered it would wrap up quick. An offer is an offer, especially right when it happens.

Brown is a really solid 3&D type of player. Think heā€™ll be very solid in East Lansing.

Do you think Michigan will regret not offering him? Have no idea who he would have picked if both in state schools offered but obviously he wasnā€™t going to wait on Michigan to pull the trigger.

Obviously Beilein preferred other kids ahead of Brown based on the Locke offer today, the Anderson one previously and maybe one to Hunter Tyson when he visits. Time will tell how if his evaluations were right.

1 Like