2018 Recruiting Notes

Kid got offers from St. John’s, bc, g-town and Washington just yesterday alone. He’s going 18 for sure and archie who he signed with at Dayton has a spot for him in 18 apparently.

Still no Michigan mention again besides from the local paper and when he retweeted my tweet saying he’d look good in maize and blue. I think he’s a nice complement to our young kids in 17 and dejulius. His skill set is lacking in our class thus far outside of livers maybe. Nice fit.

1 Like

Other targets video jeenathan Williams

Very fond of this kid, this film not eye popping but I posted his huge Dunk early In the session over two guys if you want to see his athleticism. He’s a plus athlete and strong. Hes improving on his shot. As he works on his 3 ball he will become a top 75 kid. Nc st just offered. He was the second leading scorer on a very good/ balanced city rocks. By then end of these sessions I predict he rises fast much like when he hit the scene at first last year as an unknown

Nice slashing ability and able to operate in small spaces. Finishes through contact. Me likey.

Both or naz? Naz played better and that film looked better but I think I like jeenathan more. He’s younger and I think he will catch up. Still wondering though when he’s gonna develop his right hand. He should be working on it non stop.

Now he’s the mother load. Just got his indiana offer which was expected. Crean was onto the rochester kids early and hArd and I figured archie would be too.

We need a 5 again in 2019 and we’re on his aau teammate Girard. This kid would be one if my priority 5s if I was belein and had a choice. He’s already showing some more moves I didn’t see in the winter. Built like an NBA big already. Great rebounder and post guy. Needs to develop a face up and develop touch as he shoots line drives but man is he gonna be good. Same school as past belein recruit as I pointed out. Would be a huge lift. Listed us twice. Hope we follow through

Michigan has reached out to OSU decommit Darius Bazley. He’s moving to the adidas circuit to play with Romeo Langford for more exposure.

https://t.co/hK1TNzES5J

This is quite a quote…

“Ohio State, they didn’t make the NCAA Tournament this year,” Bazley said. “They didn’t even make the NIT, which is unfortunate, but I looked into the recruits they have coming into next year, they didn’t look too good for the future. So I felt like when my class came in, yeah, we would’ve been OK, but good enough to make the tournament? I don’t know. I just felt as if I was to de-commit, actually take my time, figure everything out it would just be a lot better.”

9 Likes

He’s not going to OSU after that quote. The sophomores to be he’s dissing will take him out back and put a beating on him.

3 Likes

Yes, reach out indeed

That’s a no bones about it quote.

I agree with you. Hard to say if he meant there’s no quality depth in the recruiting class to make a difference in the OSU program before he arrives or is Bazley completely dissing the two kids who signed?

2 Likes

Honestly, that doesn’t sound like a player who fits the culture that Beilein wants here at all. I’d pass on him.

Perhaps the biggest potential impact here is that OSU could prioritize Nance more heavily than it would have otherwise. Remains to be seen how big of a factor that is.

2 Likes

Or Hunter no? That was my first reaction but maybe he’s not an OSU guy

1 Like

I like that he came right out and said what he felt was the truth. If you want to find a diss in there you can but it also seems to be the truth to me.

To me it sounds like a kid who actually said what he thought instead of giving the politically correct answer without knowing any better. Not sure it’s an indication of his character or whether or not he’s a fit.

I’m thinking more of the disses to the class of '17 people, not really the NIT thing. That’s just the truth.

yeah, that was a bit much.

Here’s an update on Williams. No mention of Michigan

Thing is, Ohio State’s cachet is in a broken cycle. The narrative has to change in Columbus or players like Bazley, Nance and Hunter will see and want to take advantage of better situations elsewhere…i.e. UM and other schools…

Now that he’s changed AAU programs and is playing with an Adidas team, IU makes sense, as does Louisville…
Romeo Langford appears to be a peer influencer for Bazley and is being recruited by both of those schools…

Archie Miller is going to be a major thorn in all of our sides.

3 Likes