2018 Recruiting Notes

Always possible, but seems kind of late for that. I’m guessing it speaks more to the fact that Michigan knows that DJ and Moe will probably only be back for 1 year if they don’t go to the NBA this year. That means that we need to look at big men in this class as @Champions mentioned above.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s definitely more likely. But it also seems pretty unlike JB to initiate contact and enter into a race for a top 10 kid who lists Arizona, UCLA, Syracuse, Kansas, UConn with only a year left in the recruitment. With pretty much every 4-5* he has landed he had identified and received an early commitment, or the rare elite kid reaches out to the staff themselves…and this just seems different

1 Like

Slyboogie saw the last name Williams and just about had a heart attack.

2 Likes

There was more recruiting info out today then there has been in the last few months. 18 is turning into a very significant class for the program considering it will probably be 5 assuming Mo, DJ and grad spot open up next year or before.

Would be great if we get serious consideration from Trevion as we are going to need a big but think he is a State lean. The biggest surprise to me is JB watching Shittu, hope this one has some legs as well.

We’re getting warmer…

1 Like

Seems like among Pete Nance, Johns, and Hunter, we get at least one of them. And we’ll have Livers too.

Dan Urban is the head coach for the Ohio Basketball Club 17u team.
Two of the wings he’s also referencing are Pickerington North’s Jerome Hunter, and Ohio State commit/Cincinnati Princeton’s Darius Bazley. Two skilled prospects.

1 Like

Put some extended video together of Nance this year in today’s recruiting roundup.

http://forum.umhoops.com/t/recruiting-roundup-april-evaluation-period-preview/2587

Haha putting a Patreon only video in the non-patreon forum?

1 Like

City rock supposed targets did solid.

Carter 13 and 3
Stewart 7 and 7 and 2 blocks
Williams 10 and 2 and 1 steal

Giradi 2019 had 3.

Now I haven’t watched a lot of eybl but the city rocks beat Howard pulley giving up 22 turnovers to 9 assists. Wtf! 2.5-1 TO to assist ratio basically… Is that normal in aau? And win somehow.

Very normal in AAU, especially at this point of the season. For many teams, it’s the first time all of them have been together. July gets a little better but it’s definitely sloppy.

New offer Iggy Brazdeikis. Big, skilled combo forward. Could also be an option in the '17 class.

Yea that video was the video where I thought he could be a three. He looked good.

I like Nance over the Iggy, just like I liked his older brother over Max

4 Likes

I would take him as a 17 if DJ leaves. If he is an 18 I would prioritize nance and hunter above him.

Darius Bazley has decommitted from Ohio State. Kid has a bunch of talent. Would think UM would have interest.

Video of interest on Bazley…

I might be reading tea leaves that aren’t there, but I would slide Indiana to the top of the list for him. In-state kid; popular in-state head coach gets a promotion to a national blue-blood program just one state over…

1 Like