2018 Recruiting Notes

What do you mean

I just have a hard time believing that this blog has any tangible effects on how the Michigan basketball program operates, whether it is recruiting, game philosophies, Xs and Os or any other aspects. Maybe I think less than what we, as a forum, collectively are.

3 Likes

Spelling???

This blog has zero effect. Its just a bunch of us throwing our opinions out there.

2 Likes

I imagine there are managers and staff at u of m who care deeply about the basketball team who read this (and other) blogs. Any info that reaches those eyes may induce a look or a consideration, and thus it has some influence.

I think youā€™d find that at least one of the two oversold.

2 Likes

Jeenathan. Iā€™m on a phone. Lots to type out. You get the gist.

Also I have no idea who any of you are. One of you maybe a big alumni for all I know. Or a local guy with connections to the staff. Mattd and others have some links id imagine. Wouldnā€™t be to hard for someone with even loose connections to get a video to someone Iā€™d imagine, or at least put a name in someoneā€™s head.

Saw Jordan Poole was at the game. Any other recruits there?

1 Like

Was wondering the exact same thing, hope there was a bunch since it was our last home. Video linked below shows the locker room after the game. Poole is there and looks like there is another recruit over by the coaches.

1 Like

B Johns attended though not in video. Several players from Benton Harbor did as well.

3 Likes

Thanks Dot. Actually if you pause the video at 2:22 Johns appears on the far right

1 Like

Kinda hope we miss on Johnā€™s. I really like David though. I just hope 2018 class blends well with 16 and 17. We need a athletic slashing 3 imo most in this class.

Any knowledge who the kid beside Donlon is? At first glance looks like the Shawkon Barrett kid?

Interesting article about Notre Dameā€™s recruiting strategy, one I think from an outsiders perspective is similar to ours. And we are battling Notre Dame for recruits more than we are the blue bloods.

I see they brought up Villanova too. I heard Wright talking about their approach to recruiting and it too reminded me of Beilein.

meh http://rpiratings.com/NBA.php

Any new targets?

So Iā€™m watching s Dakota st currently. This kid mike Daum is the second leading scorer in the country this year and is lighting Omaha up. Heā€™s a very skilled stretch four who is 6 9 and ONLY a sophomore.

Iā€™d love for us to to recruit the guy and try and get him to transfer. We are recruiting some fours anyways in this class and they seem to be a lot of stretch fours like john. Honestly Iā€™d much prefer this kid to Johnā€™s.

This kid would be a serious problem in beleins system. They said nba scouts are taking note already so heā€™s not just some bum dominating bad competition. Heā€™s an elite shooter, had solid moves in the post and is decently strong and very intelligent. Heā€™s an ideal belein recruit/ four. Iā€™d love to make a move on him.

You canā€™t recruit a guy on another NCAA team to try and get them to transfer.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve always wondered how many transferring players choose their new schools. For Michigan, I recall that there was a coach from the Beilein tree that encouraged Duncan and Michigan to talk. Iā€™m still not sure how Matthews chose Michigan unless the young man thought of Michigan on his own.

For most transfers, if the new school is one that had recruited them initially, thatā€™s understandable. I just imagine that there tend to be conversations held between the playerā€™s advocates and ā€œfriends of the programā€ at the transferring playerā€™s new school.