2018 Recruiting Notes

Haven’t seen anything that says we are close to hunters leader.

1 Like

Scout, Brian Snow. regional scout. Also, Hunter gives UM a 10 of 10 in terms of what he’s looking for.

The only thing that matters is who JB brings on the wing slot(s)

That would be great. I know mattd had said we weren’t close.

I don’t put much weight behind that 10 out of 10 comment he stated. That was after beilein asked him how he liked his visit just before he offered. What was he supposed to say to beilein…

2 Likes

Yeah that 10 out of 10 comment was what he said to the coach during a visit months ago, lol.

2 Likes

Ok, aside from the 10 comment, Snow said 2 days ago it’s a 2 team race for Hunter, Michigan and Xavier.

Is that info behind a paywall? Do you have a link?

Just found the comment that Wolverine3 mentioned on the Scout Insider Board. I will say that Brian Snow did not say it with the conviction that Wolverine3 did, lol. He said that he thinks it is a Michigan-Xavier battle. Did not sound like he definitively knew, though.

1 Like

He didn’t have the conviction? Lol I said what he stated, It’s Xavier or UM right now. He thinks it’s a two team race.

Does it really matter? Even if Hunter came, he wouldn’t change the immediate fortune of the team over the first few years.

I want to see more highlights of Ryan and updates since he is apparently the guy they’re banking on over all the talented perimeter talent in 2018.

Wording dramatically changes the meaning. “I think it’s a two team race between Michigan and Xavier” is different than “It is a two team race between Michigan and Xavier”. It implies different levels of certainty. One implies conjecture, and the other implies direct knowledge. And based on what we know, it is probably not a two team race between Michigan and Xavier.

I think 2018 recruiting notes matter in the 2018 recruiting thread, yes.

2 Likes

Sounds like the Jerome Hunter thread can get deleted. After all, who cares? He won’t help for years.

I said he stated his opinion on the topic, then I stated his opinion. lol

But you don’t know ANYTHING other then what Snow just stated two days ago so how do you reach that conclusion? The point of my original post is UM is right there for Hunter.

Not understanding your thought process here…

If Wilson and Wagner have big years in '17, they could very well take off for '18. Wilson would have his degree, and I could see Wagner as a legit NBA kid or back to Germany to make a lot of money. In that case Hunter is extremely important. He’d be the only other 4 on the roster aside from Livers.

I want talent on the wings too, but every position matters. If we don’t have Wilson this year, were not the same team with Duncan manning the 4.

The thread on scout main subject was Hunter vs Johns. Who’d be the better fit ect…

Its a $ thread. Probably shouldn’t post it here and didn’t want to get into it (that ship sailed), but thought it was interesting.

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Theres a difference between an actual note and speculating on his leader based on an interpretation of a cryptic post but have at it lol. Just seems like a bad use of personal time especially since he is day 1 non-impact.

I’ll go out on a limb and say Wilson and Wagner won’t both be gone in in 2018. And I truthfully believe CM is a 4, not a wing, and this will be more clear by 2018. What we can say is that there is not one wing on the roster who we count on being able to shoot, handle, and pass. Not one.