2018 Recruiting Notes

You posted a video of him right? At this point I’m forgetting/ getting certain kids mixed up.

Don’t remember if I posted the highlights here because he’s not getting UM interest

Pretty impressive. If he fills out…beast.

Yes I remember him now. Might have looked him up but I remember seeing him. Tall and real lanky, hard to forget

Yeah I posted that here about a year ago. I’ve done more recent highlights on him. Give me a few mins

Impressed by Race Thompson’s tape. Athletic and high basketball IQ, sweet jumper. Some really nice passing to cutters and spot up shooters.

This is a highlight clip I put together of Bazley a few months back at the Michigan Invitational. His ball skills at a legit 6’8 are ridiculous. Kid has Lamar Odom written all over him

EYBL Highlights of UM target Justin Ahrens from this past weekend in Atlanta. He’s definitely improved his handle a bit. His court vision is great, that is a consistent part of his game in addition to shooting.

Any chance we get a commitment on June 15, figure only a few offers will go out but is there anyone that we might lead for? Easley?

Kevin Easley is the one to watch for sure.

1 Like

For June 15th?

No doubt about it. I haven’t spoken to Kevin but it’s no secret that UM leads, and a commitment isn’t out of the question IMO. Definitely an upper tier talent. Reminds me a bit of Marcus Morris or a VERY poor mans Glenn ‘Big Dog’ Robinson (the original). Would love to have him in the mix

We need top 100 talent on our wings to replace Irvin and Duncan. Easley and/or johns would be great. Wilkes is obviously head n shoulders better than the rest so I’m hoping he gets offered and accepts before these plan b guys take up scholarships. Just imagine Poole/Wilkes/young Combo, that would be an elite group. Probably a real long stretch but we can dream.

Other than Wilkes those 2 are 18 guys, so for right now we’re looking at Cain, Jaren Jackson, Young as potential replacements at the 3/4 spots. Think Easley is no doubt strictly a 4 at UM. Would love to have him in the mix along with a wing in 17

Any chance with Cohill? Article a few weeks ago sounded like he was waiting for an offer.

He may get an offer but I don’t think Dwayne is thinking about committing to UM at this point. His OBC teammate, Robby Carmody, is very interested in UM. Think UM is probably in Carmody’s top group along with ND and Pitt.

Carmody hasn’t visited yet, correct? So would have to wait for the offer, I am curious what the elite camp looks like with the later date.

Yes, Carmody visited back in February. Definitely serious mutual interest there as JB made him a priority during the evaluation/contact period.

Carmody, Cohill, and Ahrens all visited the same day.

MattD what do you like about Kevin Easley and his game? There was some highlight tape posted here a while ago of him and it looked like it was almost literally all mid range jumpers (and his form was a little strange looking). I haven’t watched him play ever, but that just kind of stood out to me because I didn’t see any creation towards the rim or a 3 point shot.

How would you describe his game?

1 Like