2018 Recruiting Notes

Is this Kyle’s brother?

1 Like

Yes it is.

Likelihood of Thomas Kithier garnering an offer this summer?

We should have more with Kithier very soon.

Also, Danny Kolp is another name to keep an eye out for in 18.

Kithier seems like a player that Beilein loves. Gotta believe he gets an offer this summer.

So about a month away who gets the call on June 15th?

Kevin Easley-yes
Brandon Johns-yes
Thomas Kithier?
Brandon Wade?
Davion Willliams?
Robby Carmody?
Dwayne Cohill?
Justin Ahrens?

Who is missing?

Matt, any thoughts. You have seen and talked to a bunch of these kids.

Everyone will get a a call (it’s the first day schools can directly contact recruits), but I think Easley and Johns would be the two most likely to get an offer. Carmody would probably be on that list if he makes it to A2 for a visit.

3 Likes

To supplement what Dylan stated - thinks its a no brainer that Easley and Johns get offered in light of visit history, and recent viewings by JB. I haven’t spoken to either personally, so that is just based on context. I’ve spoken to all the other prospects, and to echo Dylan again, I think Carmody is close to an offer if he makes the full academic tour - he has LEGIT interest in UM. Wade would most likely be on commit watch if he were offered, but think that relationship is still in the evaluation period. Williams has legit interest as well, but probably not going to get an offer based on style of play. UM has legit interest in Cohill, but his interest in UM is sincere, but not on the same level as Carmody. Kithier is still in the evaluation stage of the relationship as well. Same thing with Ahrens. Be interesting to see who camps this year.

And interesting with respect to camp is that UM Elite camp is in August this year. That was usually a big time for kids to earn early offers (used to be around June 10).

I mentioned it before, but a name to watch out for is Danny Kolp. Could play himself into an offer.

Thanks for the input, I meant offer when I said call. Was there any names missing? I couldn’t think of any besides maybe the Cali kid recently mentioned but he obviously hasn’t visited. Anyone from Indiana?

Staff hasn’t made any contact but I think Isaiah Kelly out of Atlanta would be a perfect fit for what we need

What about Bazley? Also, what about Williams’ style of play might preclude an offer?

Staff hasn’t had any contact with Bazley, which is a bit puzzling IMO. Williams is an elite athlete that isn’t necessarily a good shooter - need I say more?

No you needn’t. I really think both of those guys should get serious consideration.

Davion is one of the best perimeter defenders in the entire country IMO. That kid’s D is an absolute thing of beauty, he embraces it and is passionate on that end. Its fun to watch. Bazley has NBA potential written all over him. Has all the skill Kam had in HS, with MUCH more athleticism. Not ranked by any site, but I think he’s a top 50 kid when all said and done.

1 Like

I really like Davion when u showed us some film of him. Kid was a beast. I think he’d be a good backup for x and poole

Has higher ceiling than either, but lower floor if that makes sense.